The other day , a good friend of mine got offended ( not because of me ! ) but due to certain happenings on that particular day resulting in total loss of mood for the entire day.
It seem present generation getting offended quickly.
Feeling offended is a natural reaction when one is subject to criticism or made fun of or one mis interprets what being said.
As one starts the day ,one is sure of being getting angry or tensed or even offended, as the day progresses.
And you may come across situations,where you know that you are right but circumstances will make others look at you making fun comments!
Here you have two choices.
- Get upset,lose your moods and sulk quietly,wasting entire God’s given day !
- Ignore,move on and see to that these things can’t take an upper hand in depriving you of your happy moods.
Yes, many times close relatives and friends may take advantage of your sincerity by taking you for granted and on many such occasions you feel offended.
And don’t you think ,the feeling of ‘ I am offended ‘ itself can lead to some kind of emotional harm.
One can get offended by anyone,by any thing and for unknown number of reasons.
And of course,the very thought of ‘getting offended ‘ depends on one’s point of view.
Ok do you know how the feeling of ‘ I am offended ‘ can influence your body health?
Not a good news.
Your heart rate changes.
Your BP rises
All bad hormones are active that time.
And your ‘Happiness immune system’ starts crumbling.
How to stop the thoughts of being offended ?
- Don’t be egoistic
- Be humble
- Put yourself in the offender shoes and realise why it is so ..
- Try to appreciate the constructive criticism.
- Apologize,when you are wrong.Keep your ‘pride’ aside for a moment.
- Remember every action, not necessarily have to have a reaction.
- You can’t change the world the way you want