“Enough of any thing is plenty.but plenty to some people is not enough”Sophie Irene Loeb
First let us talk about ‘Wanting’ personalities-
More money ,more popularity,more pleasure,more likes in social media,more than 1000 friends/follows in social media,more achievements ( though positive ),more power one can go on… and remember, we are never tired of ‘wanting’ more.This has become a human trait.
Why you want more and more …..and even more ?
Probably you fear the ‘uncertain’ future, probably you are ‘greedy’.
These things make you develop desire, lust and finally,frustration if not successful and you may go into a dejection/depression/revengeful mode.
As the ‘ wanting’ personality,you are always obsessed with more and more demands and quick & positive outcome.
You are restless.
Can you survive a good relationship?( Wife,relatives and friends ).
The relationship can go sour since you are not getting what you wanted and when you get,it becomes incomplete since you have newer demands cropping up.
You are unhappy all the time.Neither you make people around you happy.
So you make yours and other’s lives miserable.
The point I am stressing is that you lost your commonsense and fail to know the difference between ‘love’ and ‘desire‘
“Love lasts a longtime but burning desire lasts two to three weeks” Carla Bruni
At the end who is happy?
Now let us talk of ‘Giving’ personalities…
Let us say, now that you, the ‘giving’ type,and we all know naturally,you are the happiest person on the earth.
But note down.’Giving’ personalities are of different types because their ‘giving’ pattern depends on factors like faith,Fear,self serving and spontaneous
- Faith- These people have faith in God, and depending upon their religion philosophy,they donate some percentage of their earnings.and become the givers.
- Fear- comes to some,since many bad things happening in their lives,they make commitments to do some charity,hoping to get compensated by the Almighty and may derive some satisfaction.
- Self serving- these are greedy people in real sense and they indulge in ‘giving’, since they expect returns.Some say one can continue one’s sins by religiously donating some percentage of one’s illegal earnings to temples,churches etc.
- Spontaneous-These ‘givers’ are emotional type and they don’t hesitate to donate (even if they are poor),whenever they come across emotional incidences,which require monetary help.
If you are a ‘giving’ person,you are said to be guy with a kind heart,you enjoy the ‘feel good’ factor,you have a fulfillment and finally total satisfaction .Wait…….
Are you sure whom to give,when to give and how much to give ?
My feeling is…. the ‘giver’ must be judicious.
1.If you belong to too much ‘giving’ type-people may take advantage and even misuse your kindness.
2. Your continuous ‘giving’ habit can bring down motivation among the ‘takers’ and they may become lazy.
3.If you happen to be ‘giving’ to the ‘wanting’ personalities,then you are doing a great harm to your philosophy.
So there is some ‘ART’ which you have to follow if you belong to ‘giving’ trait.
Thank you so much for taking your time to reach this point.
Do you agree that most of us belong to both categories with variation in intensity?
Please share your thoughts on this.
Inspiration- Swami Sukhabodhananda,Michele, Roya Rad,Guy Hatcher,pixabay