Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals. Oscar Wilde
It’s a 6.3 minute read
What is Society ?
Cambridge dictionary defines it as
A large group of people who live together in an organised way, making decisions about how to do things and sharing the work that needs to be done. All the people in a country, or in several similar countries,can be referred to as a society.
What are the constituents of present society?
I am not sure.You can help me understand better.
I am as confused as you are,
My guess is, you automatically become part of society,the day you are born. ( free membership )
Welcome to our society
Don’t we all strictly follow what society says ?
Then why you say you are not happy with the society or why society says you are not up to its set up standards ?
Where things going wrong ?
Can Society be the great manipulator?
“Society is funny. They ask you to be yourself and yet they judge you” random
Every single person on the planet has a story.But society does not have time to listen to the story.
Society judges you based on whether you are rich or poor,you are beautiful or ugly,how you dress,how you behave,your tastes,your likes.
Society does micro inspection of your so called imperfections, and by magnifying it, decides your worth
It is interested to know the company and the friends you have.
If you are an introvert you are made funny.If you are an extrovert,you are made to learn advantages of of being quiet.
You can’t escape the society you created,whose presence you feel every second of your existence.
You think you are proud in naming somebody as ‘black sheep’?
But do you know what this ‘black sheep’ is telling ? Read.
” I may be the black sheep of your society,but some of your white sheep’s aren’t as white as they appear!” unknown.
And what about Karma’s statement ?
” Sometimes you have to suffer in life,not because you were bad but because you didn’t realize where to stop being good”.
And John Lennon’s statement….
“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”
Do you know the power of influence of the society on you ?
- Even the prettiest girl feels ugly sometimes
- The happiest girl cries at night
- The most independent girl feels alone
- Double standards & hypocrisy at every opportunity and accepted as norms
- By introducing beauty products,cosmetic surgeries…you are made to look inferior to others
- Turning blind eye to the events,and none can complain
- Money is more important than Human values
7 lies by which Society misguides you
We might all be living different lives,when it comes down to it,we are all fighting the same monsters. unknown
Society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it. Henry Thomas Buckle
You are hated ,because the way you are loved by others.
Society says Everyone is beautiful,but still hates ugliness.
Society confuses you
- Be you,they say
- But then they tell me to change
- Be unique they say
- But they frown at my indifference
- Don’t conform,they say
- But then they mold me to their standards
- Love yourself, they say
- But then they say I am arrogant
- Be kind, they say
- But then they tell me I am a fake
- Relax,they say
- But then they call me lazy
- Work hard,they say
- But then they say I am uptight
- Money can not buy happiness,they say
- But then they laugh at me for being poor
- Weight does not matter, they say
- But then they say I am not skinny enough
- Cherish your youth, they say
- But then they tell me to grow up
- Slow down ,they say
- But then they rush my decisions
- It’s OK to be sad,they say
- But then they tell me other people have it worse
- Do what you love,they say
- But then they tell me i won’t be successful
- You will be OK,they say
- But then they leave me to rot
- Be you, they say
- But I no longer know what that is
Society has become so fake that ,the truth actually bothers people unknown
Is perfect society possible ?
Again ,I don’t have an answer.
You can help me in guiding me what constitutes a perfect society.
How to be part of the society ?
Always remember that for every deed there is a good side and bad side of the story.
Ultimately you have decide yourself.
Whenever others disapprove of you, you must disregard them and be the only one to judge your own decisions and actions.
Take home Message
(3 points to remember)
1.We always blame society for all our problems,but we are part of the society whether you like it or not.
2.So to make it a better place we must change ourselves first.
3.We as a society must stop being judgmental.
Please share your thoughts.
Thank you. Namaste🙏🙏🙏
Philosophy Through Photography
Source & inspiration-google images,quotesmaster,pinterest,google,coolnsmart.com