Are you in the habit of spitting?
Why do you spit?
I understand that spitting can happen
- If you are suffering from some lung disease and you feel like bringing out the phlegm
- If you are eating tobacco-related products
- If you are angry at someone and would like to express it by spitting
- If you turn violent, an example being spitting on the pitch when football/soccer is being played
- What about spitting on police personnel by protestors during agitations?
- And spitting the chewing gum?
- Spitting by the WWE wrestlers and others on the sports field
- And some people are in the habit of talking loudly and forcibly and during the process they spray spit on the unsuspecting neighbour
- For no reason!
Any health risks from the spit?
There are many.
Diseases like tuberculosis, hepatitis etc are possible by coming in contact with the spit.
Which nations are said to be the worst affected by this disorder?
It’s said that spitting is universal and just the intensity and the reason vary.
According to Prof Ross Coomber of Plymouth University, who conducted an international spitting survey, the three significant nations are India, China and South Korea (Source-The Guardian). Spitting in India is due to chewing betel nuts, in South Korea it was linked to smoking, in China- a distaste for swallowing.
The Internet tells me that Briton is a nation of spitters, do you agree?
Bestowing salivary waste in public places?
We all know spitting is a filthy habit. How nasty it can be?
Who is going to stop these people?
Spitting is common on the
- Stair corners
- Public restrooms
Did you hear somebody saying that spitting is an art?
I was told by some in a foreign location that spitting is an art and the designs one creates are worth considering for abstract photography competitions.
How low one can stoop?
Spit or swallow?
What is your decision?
“Forgiveness is swallowing, when you’d rather spit” Unknown
This quote is said to be controversial.
Do you spit in any part of your house when your mood suits?
“Spitting is a disgusting habit that is not only unattractive, but it also shows a lack of consideration for others.” Unknown
Thank you for your visit.
Take care, my friend.
Image by © PTP-2023 All Rights Reserved
This post is part of Cee Neuner’s CMMC-Close up orMacro
2 thoughts on “Spitters, are quitters!”
I dont know compared to other countries, but yes, I do witness spitting. I think its such a disgusting, vulgar habit. It’s not something I’ve ever done unless I’m using a tissue 🤧 so I just don’t understand it
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Brenda, for your thoughts.
I have not noticed anybody spitting in the UK, but I have seen many warning signs (for chewing gums)put on the walls in football stadiums.
LikeLiked by 1 person