No no no…I am not telling that kind of hair-raising tale.
My tale is really related to your true hair.
Role of a Physician
“The patient should be made to understand that he or she must take charge of his/her own life.
Don’t take your body to the doctor as if he were the repair shop” Quntin Regestein
All of us know that a person’s well-being and health depend on our personal hygiene.
But then most of us are not aware of many aspects of personal hygiene.
Most of us are not even aware of the dirtiest parts of the human body.
The areas of the human body that requires good hygiene
Starting from head to toe
- Area behing ears
- Nasal cavity
- Belly button
- Groin folds & creases
- Underneath part of the foreskin of the penis
- Breast folds.
One area is Forgotten
This is the back of the body along with the Butt crack (Ass crack), medically known as Inter gluteal Cleft or Natal Cleft.
Butt crack is nothing but the groove between the buttocks.
Why is Hygiene of Butt crack important?
This area is prone to a condition medically known as Pilonidal Sinus, a small hole or tunnel in the skin.
But crack is a pit, a natural source of collection of dirt, and it is in the form of hairs, favouring the germs multiplication.
How hair can accumulate?
Hairs start accumulating mainly in the form of shredding hairs.
These hairs are broken off by friction against clothing.
On sitting the buttocks takes the weight of the body and improper posture & sedentary lifestyle results in the shredding of the hair.
The accumulated hair invades the skin and causes a small lump initially.
What are the predisposing causes?
- With the increasing amount of time people spend sitting,
- Bad designs of chairs
- Drivers sitting for long hours and driving the vehicle
- Hairy bodies
Earlier this condition was more common among jeep riders, and was nicknamed ‘Jeep Bottom’
From where do the shredded hairs come from?
- The back of the body (hairy body)
- The use of toilet paper contributes to the hair entangled in the faecal matter being swept into the cleft, by to & fro movements
Ok. What happens now?
The growth of of shredded hairs into the skin causes a small lump initially, which starts discharging foul-smelling fluid along with severe pain and one may find it difficult to even sit.
How to prevent it?
- Wash the area (pit)with soap & water daily.
- Reduce the pressure and be gentle while washing this area, this is to prevent further shredding of hair.
- If you have a sedentary lifestyle, try to walk in between.
- If you are obese nothing like reducing your weight.
- wear loose clothes.
- Use properly designed chairs.
- Most importantly remove the unwanted hair.
“We should wash our destiny the way we wash our body, and change life the way we change clothes – not to preserve life, as when we eat and sleep, but out of objective respect for ourselves, which is what personal hygiene is all about”
Thank you for your visit.
Take care, my friend.
You can check my other similar posts HERE