Which is better?
My topic is nothing to do with alcohol.
It’s just to do with our spirits as human beings.
I am talking about being optimistic or pessimistic.
Is it not better to look at things on the brighter side than to expect the worst?
Pessimists are angry for being labelled negatively and they wish to be called ‘realistic’
Pessimists even argue that they are getting mentally and physically prepared to face the situation so that there is no question of any disappointment.
Hmm… their point of view is also correct.
“One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.
And he said, “Is it half full or half empty?” So, I drank the water. No
more problem” Alexander Jodorowsky
Joke apart some of my favourite quotes
- “Whether your cup is half-full or half-empty, remind yourself there are others without one”
- “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose” Kahlil Gibran
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection” Thomas Paine
- “A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them” Leonard Louis Levinson
- “The optimist sees the glass as half full, the pessimist as half empty. What I see is water that can save someone’s life” Abhijit Naskar
- “The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true” James Branch Cabell
- “Optimism is the foundation of courage” Nicholas Murray Butler
- “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties” Harry Truman
Which quote is your favourite my friend?
Thank you for your visit.
Take care, my friend.
You can check my other similar posts HERE
Image by © PTP-2022 All Rights Reserved