Which face you will wear today?
I am not talking of the personality disorder which we come across in the Medical World…..I am talking about the normal, perfect down to earth gentlemen and gentlelady, who invariably have two faces, sometimes many faces (multifaceted indeed!)
I am interested to know why we all have two faces one for ‘Public’ consumption and the other for ‘Private’ consumption.
“Everyone has two faces but often we see only one side of them, so never judge anyone by their looks, because, the truth might surprise you”! unknown
Have you any time seriously gazed at your soul?
I think we are all not just actors but great actors
A few simple examples…
1. You agree with me that wives hide (secrets) things from husbands, and husbands hide things from wives, but each will be talking to the other sweetly and kindly.
2. All Men talk differently when they are with wives, and when the wives are not around. (men there… ..you know what I mean ). I can’t talk on behalf of women.
3. We preach to our kids, but practice quite opposite. We lie to them on every possible occasion.
4. Young boys and girls as lovers, constantly lie to each other which suits the situation.
5. We shout at our children and wives for no fault of theirs, but show sweet faces to the boss, despite getting abused.
6. Married men, when they come across a single woman, try, to attract her attention, but when wives are with them…it is a different behaviour!
7. Our offline behaviour is in contrast to our online behaviour. You may be a beggar in real life, but on social media, you flaunt all your richness from nowhere!
8. You can see, Professional child kidnapper/killer is a dedicated father to his kids.
9. Your sweet talk entirely changes when you are fully drunk and all your hidden emotions come out in full play.
10. Between the friends…oh! less said better!
I can go on and on…..
We all wear masks.
Let us be frank. And that is the way of life!
And we have to live that life if we want to survive in this wretched world.
We all play these roles to get through each and every day.
Playing with God
And the worst part, you know…..even with God we play our duality!
“There’s a duality of a guy calling on God: ‘Where are you when I need you and, at the same time. ‘God helps those who help themselves.’…I think that contradiction does exist in all of us, those of faith and those who profess to have no faith. ‘JoeCornahan’
Can we be checking our back all the time?
Now that we realized that all of us have two faces(dual personalities)….now it becomes even scarier.
“It’s not about who’s real to your face,
It’s about who’s real behind your back” unknown
So be busy checking your back frequently!
What is my point?
Why can’t we accept the fact everyone is faking everything at every possible situation and occasion? (almost daily)
The word ‘Honesty’ exists only in text books and in our daily talks and preaching.
Why then- ‘holier-than-thou attitude’?
Remember, there are two sides to every story. Kinda like your face!
And wishing and praying that, let 2022 bring just the single and original face of ours all the time!
Thank you for your visit.
Take care, my friend.
You can check my other similar posts HERE
Image by © PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved