Lens-Artists challenge #181 ‘Double Dipping’

This week Tina Schell of Travels & Trifles encourages us to share photos from other challenges in which we participate or places in which we post and she perfectly titled her post for this challenge DOUBLE DIPPING

There are so many wonderful Photo Bloggers hosting so many lovely challenges, but for the
space constraint, I would have talked about each one of them.

My post for this challenge is meaningless, if I don’t mention Cee Neuner the host of many challenging challenges, a very kind and encouraging person and never fails to acknowledge our participation and promptly responds to our comments.

She is also the author of TIPS FROM CEE, helping beginners and other enthusiasts with flower photography & Black and White photography

At this moment I have just 3 photo challenges.

1. Cee Neuner (Cee’s Photo Challenges) –Flower of the day

Red-Orange--Flower

“A flower’s appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect” Terri Guillemets

2. Debbi Smyth’s (Travel with intent)- One Word Sunday –WEATHER  photo challenge

When there is ambiguity and the vision is not very clear, what do you do?

Are you thrilled or tensed up?

If you ask me, I get excited, because an uncertain future is thrilling.

Mist

“It’s the uncertainties that charms one. A mist makes things wonderful” Oscar Wilde

3. John Steiner’s (Journeys with Johnbo)  – CELLPIC SUNDAY   photo challenge

Hunt

Do you love hunting or being hunted?

I know it’s a stupid question.

“Man is the only predator who hunts his own” Kenneth Eade

Garden-lizard-dragon-flyHunter-hunted

“If everyone in nature were too talented not to be hunted by others, everyone would starve!” Mehmet Murat ildan

The above image was taken with the One Plus 6 cell phone.

I did a little bit of cropping and my apologies for the reduced resolution.

You can notice in the image, the garden lizard just caught an unwary dragonfly for its breakfast.

The usual story of the hunter (dragonfly which hunts mosquitoes) getting hunted (the lizard in this case).

So either you be a hunter or get ready to be hunted.

This is the law of Nature.

Whether you would like to interfere or not it’s up to your discretion.

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you’d better be running”

Dan Montano

Thank you for your visit.

Take care, my friend.

Philo

You can check my other similar posts HERE

21 comments for “Lens-Artists challenge #181 ‘Double Dipping’

1. January 9, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Lovely flower pic and quotes. Coincidentally I am reading a book (got down to it at last) and one of the characters explains the significance of flowers as they appear in the story.
    Thanks for visiting my recent post Philo. Could you open the curtains to reveal the table and opened curtains as per arrows?

2. January 9, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Terrific response to the challenge(s) Philo – thanks for joining us with your clever response. I had not noticed the dragonfly until you mentioned it and then the quote you included is so perfect and so true. Also appreciated your nod to Cee who is indeed one of the most generous and well-loved bloggers around. Kudos to you and sincere thanks for your support of our challenge.

3. January 9, 2022 at 8:00 pm

Thank you, Philo, for including my challenge in your response this week. Great capture with your iPhone. That tight crop and resulting resolution change gave the image a painterly feel. I’ve noticed that effect with my phone camera experiments. I think it works in your photo.
    Feel free to share any of your posts as a Cellpic Sunday response. I will be looking forward to more.

• January 10, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Thank you so much John for your kind and encouraging words.
      Yes it was looking more painterly and you are right.
      It’s a pleasure always to join the cellpic Sunday photo challenge.
      I wish I get a better cell phone with good camera 📷

4. January 9, 2022 at 11:39 pm

Thanks Philo for such a great compliment and write up of my blog. I so adore your photos. 😀 😀

5. January 10, 2022 at 5:33 am

Wow. Great photos, great links. Excellent.

6. January 10, 2022 at 10:31 am

I don’t know what dragonflies eat, lol

7. January 11, 2022 at 5:06 am

Eloquent and deserving in acknowledgement, and I loved the Montano quote. The “breakfast” shot was a great capture and I loved that you brought in the law of nature. Real life. Keep on. Donna

8. January 25, 2022 at 6:45 am

enjoyed your photos and the thoughts on being hunter or the hunted