Lightning is an electric current
Lightning flashes travel at a speed of light (670,000,000 mph), while actual lightning strike travels at a
speed of 2,70,000 mph
- A single bolt of lightning is 5 times higher than the surface of the Sun
- The study of lightning has a name and known as Fulminology while fear of lightning is Astraphobia.
- Thunder and lightning are not separate. They are just two features of the same phenomenon
- Venezuela experiences the most number of lightings on earth
- Lightning causes forest fires and vice versa
Lightning is deadly
Many people are killed by lightning in India.
Between April 2020 – March 2021 lightning killed 1619 people in India.
70% of the fatalities happened to those people who were taking shelter under tall trees.
Climate change and frequency of Lightning⚡
Degradation of the environment is said to be directly proportional to the intensity of lighting.
“The world is reaching the tipping point beyond which climate change may become irreversible. If this happens, we risk denying present and future generations the right to a healthy and sustainable planet – the whole of humanity stands to lose” Kofi Annan
Thank you for your visit.
Take care, my friend.
You can check my other similar posts HERE
Image by © PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved
This post is part of Ragtag Daily Prompt- ZAP