I am a fan of Horses

Horses-art

“I call horses ‘divine mirrors’ – they reflect back the emotions you put in. If you put in love and respect and kindness and curiosity, the horse will return that” Allan Hamilton

Horses are always fascinating!

They are faithful companions be in wartime, peacetime, beach rides and have been used for transportation.

Equestrian sport is an enjoyable sport for many.

Horse trivia

• Horses are plant eaters
  • Horses have bigger eyes than any other mammals on the land.
  • Horses gallop at around 44 Kph (27 Mph).
  • A male horse is called a stallion, a female horse is a mare, a young male horse is called a colt and a young female horse is a filly.
  • Ponies are small horses.
  • Horses can sleep both in standing and lying positions.
  • Horses produce approximately 10 gallons of saliva.
  • Horse riding is a demanding sport.

“The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom” Sharon Ralls Lemon

Thank you for visiting my site.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

This post is part of Jez’s Fan of… photo challenge

13 comments for “I am a fan of Horses

1. December 9, 2021 at 6:12 pm

In this verse, every creature performs their role with utmost dedication. However, the world forgot how helpful horses have been in their respective field as compared to “dogs”
    Hight time we give them enough credit.
    This one is for every horse around 🏇🏇…..

2. December 9, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Mythology says horses came from the waves of the sea and all horses belong to Posiden. He is only loaning them to the earth to help man Great post
    ;;
    ;;
    ;;
    Joyous Laughter

3. Amy
    December 9, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Thank for the info. Somewhere says riding horses change the history…

4. December 10, 2021 at 12:42 am

I agree with your love of horses, Philo. I feel the same way. I didn’t realize their eyes were the largest! Fascinating. I also believe all domesticated animals really can sense our emotions. 😀😀😀. They are wonderful creatures.

5. December 11, 2021 at 6:06 pm

Fantastic quotes in your post, my friend 👏 Love the facts, although not so sure about all the drool 😂

6. December 12, 2021 at 8:18 am

Horses scare me, and they know it. I still like them though, I just never want to ride one again, lol

• December 12, 2021 at 8:27 am

Thank you Lauren.
      Animals sense our moods and our emotions too well.
      Agree about your thoughts on riding a horse.
      It’s a bit scarry that it can throw you down.
      Nothing short of spinal fracture and paraplegia!!