LAPC #177 Celebrating

There are thousands of reasons to celebrate and rejoice.

Hundreds of occasions waiting to be celebrated.

You name it…you have it.

A celebration can be a wonderful way of having a good time together with all the loved ones.

Many are worth cherishing in the long run.

One just can’t wait!

For this topic, I have a different take unlike most of the participants

Why?

Because my topic is dealing with celebration of different kind.

And majority of us don’t even consider this to exist!

And one particular ‘celebration’ can be daunting to some

This is celebrating one’s birthday.

You must be wondering I am joking.

Who on the earth hates own birthday??

My friend, I am serious.

Things can change

Things are OK as long as we were kids. We had our part of the fun on those days.

But as you grow and start facing the real world, the mood is different.

Life is stressful and uncertain.

Every birthday makes you aware that you are ageing.

Though you have many quotes and bits of advice on ageing ( Age is just a number etc), not necessary that they are helpful to you.

Your friends have climbed the ladder in their career yet you are at the bottom, struggling hard.

You experienced so many failures in your life.

I can go on and on…

So, how can you enjoy your birthday?

Maybe that you celebrate the day for the sake of it and just to comfort your near and dear ones

This birthday cake says ‘Happy Birthday Tension Master’ in a loving way ignoring the name of the person!

Birthday Cake

“If the problem can be solved, why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good” Buddha

Why is it that these days many are having Birthday Blues?

Does this BB sound familiar?

My friend, you are not alone. There are many, silently experiencing.

Birthday Blues- nothing but depression and many reasons can be found

• You are lonely and none to share your day
  • Family dynamics
  • Ageing
  • Mental illness
  • Being friendless
  • Stressful life
  • Chronic illness
  • Being pressurised to feel happy
  • You are less loved
  • Being an introvert
  • Watching birthday celebrations on social media can depress you further

What to do?

Solutions are available depending upon the situation.

Every problem has an answer.

But why do such things happen in the first place?

This is because humans are highly complex creatures.

Humans can never understand other humans.

When you try to explain and reason it out, the more problems you land into.

So these kinds of things get repeated and nothing can be done to prevent but one can search for solutions.

Message

“It’s hard to answer the question “what’s wrong?”-when nothing is right” Unknown

Thank you for visiting my site.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

This post is part of Amy’s LAPC #177- CELEBRATING photo challenge

Featured Photo by Burak Kebapci from Pexels

12 comments for “LAPC #177 Celebrating

1. Amy
    December 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm

A beautiful, delicious cake to celebrate birthday. I appreciate your insightful answers to “why do such things happen in the first place?”

2. December 5, 2021 at 9:03 pm

Well Philo, I must admit your response to the idea of celebrating is rather sad. We celebrate our birthdays because aging beats the heck out of the alternative. There are two ways to approach life, appreciating its moments of joy which can be found in the little things as well as big ones, or focusing on its dark side. It’s a conscious decision really, you just have to make it and keep reminding yourself about it. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

• December 6, 2021 at 10:52 am

Thank you Tina for your thoughts.

Couldn’t agree more.

I guess you are talking things from an individual point of view.

I was trying to talk about certain category of people who lack the encouragement from their near and dear ones such that they are no more interested in celebrating own birthday.

As a physician I experienced the joy during happy occasions and cried during sad events… for those patients as I was treating and taking care of these patients.

My topic is not to discourage anybody celebrating the happy moments. I am all for it.

I wished to stress this unfortune category of persons who resent celebrations.

I wished to give importance to these kinds of people and encourage them to join the celebration happily.

Again I am stressing that ..

I never wished to dampen the spirits of anybody, but bring awareness that it’s the responsibility of their near and dear ones to take care of such kinds of people who are scared to celebrate their birthday.

Non medical people may not even be aware of such category of people exist in our society.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

3. December 5, 2021 at 9:33 pm

I prefer not to do anything for my birthday, and treat it like any other day.

4. December 6, 2021 at 12:53 pm

“Tension master” lol

• December 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Lol
      We can never be tesnsion free.
      Atleast let us make efforts to ignore our tensions on these special ocassions and celebrate the day in joy with our near and dear ones.

5. December 6, 2021 at 3:52 pm

I hate my birthday, nothing to do with getting older. Every year, it’s just ruined in some way.

• December 6, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Sad to know this.
      Of course we can’t stop ageing.
      As we age we are sure to get sucked in health problems.
      One way you are right.
      But getting ruined every year?
      Where things going wrong?
      Sorry to hear this my friend.

6. December 7, 2021 at 4:02 am

Wow. Great looking cake! Nothing to worry about there!!