Black Beauty

I find my bliss in photography.

I always wonder about the ability of the camera to freeze the moment- and this moment, we all know, we can never get back, but this amazing technology makes us re-live at that moment at any given time.

I am sure many of the other photographers agree with me that as we are busy taking photos of interest we forget ourselves.

We spend hours together to get the best angle possible and we try our level best to get the best shot whatever may be the time and where ever maybe we are.

On many occasions, we annoy our spouses and near and dear ones because we fail to spend time together with them.

I know their complaint is genuine. But I feel helpless.

“Follow your bliss.
If you do follow your bliss,
you put yourself on a kind of track
that has been there all the while waiting for you,
and the life you ought to be living
is the one you are living.
When you can see that,
you begin to meet people
who are in the field of your bliss,
and they open the doors to you.
I say, follow your bliss and don’t be afraid,
and doors will open
where you didn’t know they were going to be.
If you follow your bliss,
doors will open for you that wouldn’t have opened for anyone else”  Joseph Campbell

I am happy to be in the company of other great photographers there in the WordPress

Aurora

“Amid the majesty of night, What splendid vision strikes my eyes, In glory bursting on the sight, Forth from the northern skies?” Stephen Greenleaf Bulfinch

Those of you who are lucky to watch the Aurora will never forget the experience.

You can’t describe your thoughts as you watch Mother Nature’s soul-stirring phenomenon.

This experience is enchanting and you feel you are in Heaven, joining the Cosmic Dance of Nature’s magnificent spectacle.

How true the following quote!

“You don’t know what you’re going to get into when you follow your bliss” James Hillman

Did any of you experience Northern Lights?

if so what was your feeling at that moment?

Thank you for visiting my site.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

This post is part of Lindy Le Cog’s– LAPC #175- FOLLOW YOUR BLISS photo challenge

14 comments for “Follow your bliss

1. November 26, 2021 at 12:57 am

Oh how I wish I could see the aurora in real life! Thank you for the photo and for joining in the challenge this week. When I follow my bliss I almost always end up in a place of peace.

• November 26, 2021 at 7:25 am

Thank you so much my friend for this wonderful theme.

Good response and it’s a nice feeling when we go through participants experience regarding the bliss.

Glad to know that when you follow bliss you end in a place of peace.🙏🙏🙏

2. November 26, 2021 at 3:00 am

What a glorious image Philo. I’d love to see them but hate the cold so images like yours are especially welcome!

• November 26, 2021 at 7:27 am

Thank you Tina.
      Agree with you about the cold and harsh conditions and never ending wait!
      And the experience and feelings worth the suffering!
      🙏🙏🙏

3. November 26, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Wow!! That’s my dream to experience Northern lights and capture it’s beauty. You are so lucky to get to see and capture it!!

4. November 27, 2021 at 12:56 am

So much to think about in this post. And I can identify with the “annoy our spouses” comment! I love your photos, so I hope you’ll keep at it.

5. November 27, 2021 at 1:30 am

I agree, when you have a camera in hand, you are at peace.

6. November 27, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Beautiful! From where did you observe the Northern Lights?

7. November 27, 2021 at 8:40 pm

Beautiful. I have tried several times to see the northern lights – but failed. You are lucky to have seen it. Under special conditions it is possible, but you have to be lucky as well. I live fairly close to areas with possibility of seeing them, but alas…cloudy every time I had a chance. Closest was in Greenland in the 70’s.