LAPC #173-Interesting Architecture

Simple architecture in a rough terrain

“Sometimes large results are the result of simple thinking” Unknown

White House Hotel-Mussoorie-India

Mussoorie (Dehradun district) is a hill station in the Uttarakhand state of India and at the foothills of the Himalayan range

Mussoorie is known as the ‘Queen of hills, is the most popular hill station in the country.

Simple yet colourful architecture

“Color is a power which directly influences the soul” Wassily Kandinsky

Colour has a great influence on our emotions which can affect our moods.

Yellow is for happiness, red symbolises love and white for purity and freshness.

Bryggen, Bergen-Norway

Bryggen, the old wharf of Bergen, Norway is a UNESCO world heritage centre.

The wooden Hanseatic era warehouses are famous for their colourful facades.

“Life is art. Live yours in colour” Unknown

Modern Architecture with a reminder of the past

“To be modern is not a fashion, it’s state. It’s necessary to understand history, and he who understands history knows how to find continuity between that which was, that which is, and that which will be” Le Corbusier

Titanic Museum, Belfast (Ulster)-Northern Ireland

You all know the story of the Titanic Ship, thanks to Titanic a 1997 epic romance movie.

The ship was launched in Belfast in 1912 and is known for its ill-fated maiden voyage.

The museum is modelled on the shape of the ship.

The museum has over 9 galleries exploring the Titanic story from the beginning to the end.

“A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.” Rose, Titanic

Thank you for visiting my site and taking your time to read.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

This post is part of Tina Schell’s LAPC #173- Interesting Architecture photo challenge

18 comments for “LAPC #173-Interesting Architecture

1. November 7, 2021 at 7:07 pm

You chose some VERY interesting examples this week Philo. I think I may have heard about the Titanic museum at some point but I’d not seen in. It really does resemble a ship! And I loved the colorful example of Bryggen – it really made me smile. your quotes are perfect this week as well.

• November 7, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Thank you Tina for your kind and encouraging words.
      Your theme is an interesting subject, which many ignore since the subject about ‘architecture’ is given least importance by many.
      Most of us are busy taking selfies in front of the monuments or buildings (with great designs) rather that going in detail about the art and the talents of the artists/sculptures.

2. Amy
    November 7, 2021 at 9:17 pm

These are very interesting and beautiful. I love these colorful buildings. 🙂

3. November 8, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Interesting selection there. I haven’t seen any of these buildings, but they do look nice, especially the colourful ones from Norway

4. November 9, 2021 at 6:27 am

Great selections, great variety. I’ve seen that Titanic Museum. Quite the prow of a ship!

5. November 9, 2021 at 9:12 am

Thank you John.
    Glad to know that you visited the museum.
    I was admiring the scientific advancement as early as 1912.
    Hats off to human brain!
    And how well the museum is able to attract tourists based on a storey line.
    I wish ever country makes use of their history in an appropriate manner to bring awareness for the future generations .
    🙏🙏🙏

6. November 9, 2021 at 7:51 pm

Wow! I have read about this Titanic museum but never seen it from this angle. Amazing!!

7. November 10, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Great examples! I loved the Titanic museum and when we visited we had brilliant weather too…in Ireland!

8. November 12, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Hi, Philo. I really love the Titanic Museum. It’s so striking. A great memorial to that tragic piece of history.