You happened to see a spider!
What is your reaction?
Your reaction is instant since there is no time to think.
Is it not a fact that you just feel like killing the same since you are scared?
My friend, don’t crush these most helpful creatures, the moment you see them.
Don’t be in a hurry.
Think for a second
These creatures unique, beautiful and are human friendly.
They clear your residence/garden by eating disease-causing pests free of cost!
The majority of the spiders could save your life.
Spiders fit into the larger scheme of the eco system.
There are more than 43,000 different species of spiders and less than 30 can cause human deaths. (less than 1%) source-Britannica.com
Jumping spider vs Humans-power games( who is stronger?)
- A jumping spider can jump as much as 50 times its length. The highest leap recorded by a human being is 12 feet. (Human is supposed to leap 300 feet)
- Humans lack spider-sense because of lack of the sensitive hairs that cover the body of the spiders.
- Spider produces silk (web) which we can’t. (spider silk can reach tensile strength of 1.3 Gpa. The tensile strength of steel is a little higher 1.6 Gpa
Spider vs Humans-who is more dangerous?
“Spiders are anti-social, keep pests under control, and mostly mind their own business, but they somehow summon fear in humans who are far more dangerous, deceitful and have hurt more people. Of the two I’m more suspicious about the latter” Donna Lynn Hope
- Jumping spiders really jump.
- They don’t hunt by creating webs. They do produce silk acting like a dragline.
- They have a great vision. They have 4 pairs of eyes.
- They have no ears but they hear well thanks to their extraordinary sensory hairs.
- Scientists say they sing & dance
- Their favourite food is Malaria causing mosquitoes.
- The life span is one year
Thank you for visiting my site and taking your time to read.
Take care, my friend.
Philosophy Through Photography
You can check my other similar posts HERE
Image by © PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved
This post is part of Macro Monday Photo Challenge