Patience is the art of concealing your impatience-Guy Kawasaki

These days it’s common knowledge that nobody is patient enough to be patient.

Results should be instantaneous.

Take anything for that matter. right from your food items (instant food) to your internet speed to faster travel time and the list is long.

There is increase demand from the people to get things done as quickly as possible.

You agree with me people’s tolerance level is becoming less and less and the majority of people complain that simply they lack time.

Is this a healthy sign or a bad sign?

I don’t know.

Now let us talk about our own blogosphere.

Some of the bloggers have clearly mentioned their ‘comment policy’ with or without moderation.

Many blogger said they prefer to

• Moderate the comments, and thus safeguarding themselves from spammers and
  • From those who abuse or use filthy language
  • Since the comments received are in no way related to the post

We all understand and sympathize since we all know the world we are living in….the most unsafe place.

But then life has to move on…

My post is about the response time taken by the author of the post to reply to the comment he or she received.

How much time gap is considered OK to respond to the comments?

Which is ideal as far as you are concerned? (I am curious to know because a good relationship can be maintained between the bloggers)

The possibilities

• Comment under moderation (Do you love to go this way? Some said you may lose followers because none have patience and some feel bad that even genuine commentators have to wait indefinitely)
  • Instant reply to the comment
  • 6 hours
  • 12 hours
  • 24 hours
  • 3 months
  • 6 months
  • 24 months
  • Never
  • No comment button
  • The author of the post might have missed noticing the comment hence not replied.

I understand that due to different time zones between the two Hemispheres the response may be delayed from 6 hours to 24 hours. I feel that is perfectly OK because we the bloggers understand each other. But beyond this ??

Please share your views on this important ‘response time’.

“No one ever gets tired of Loving. But everyone gets tired of waiting, assuming, hearing lies, saying sorry and hurting” Unknown

Thank you for visiting my site and taking your time to read.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

12 comments for “Patience is the art of concealing your impatience-Guy Kawasaki

1. October 12, 2021 at 9:21 pm

I don’t mind a delayed response, but if it’s been a couple of days and the person has published a new blog post since then, I tend to assume that they’re not going to respond.

2. October 12, 2021 at 11:47 pm

I agree with you that the timezone difference plays a role. I try to respond the same day but with recent eye surgeries when I am out of action, same day replies aren’t always possible. When my own comments on other people’s blogs are moderated I cut them a lot of slack and am not discouraged if there’s never a response. Some bloggers write in advance and queue up their posts on a schedule. So it doesn’t mean the blogger is online and reading at any particular point in time. We all blog and read for pleasure, right? If it’s not fun and if delayed gratification from comment moderation is an issue? Time for the person to look inside. Great thought-provoking post! Best, Babsje

3. October 13, 2021 at 7:24 am

Love your concept ” we all blog and read for pleasure,right? If it’s not fun and if delayed gratification from comment moderation an issue? Time for the person to look inside”

I must say these are golden words.

Thank you my friend for enlightening those who are worried that their comments were not given due respect .

4. October 13, 2021 at 1:44 pm

I have had, unfortunately, a couple of verified bloggers go to spam, for some reason!

5. October 14, 2021 at 11:22 am

Thank you for posting this. Thats about the comment on my post I guess. And it’s good to convey out if you feel something wrong. Actually I am new to WordPress and it’s been just a week I am trying to understand the UI. Actually I am a working woman and also I love photography. I really try hard to find time to post my pictures or like others post. So whenever I get sometime I post my picture. And if I get enough time I visit and like the posts of authors who liked my posts, moderate the comments, like and comment on post by other authors. The comment you made was on my latest post after which I did reply when I got time. Also after which I didn’t post or get anytime to post a blog. But I never realised the time difference between matters ao much. But the thing to understand is that maybe the delay is genuine and not intentional. Maybe the time difference or maybe some other reasons the delay is possible, but it is genuine. I have commented on many posts by other authors since I came but not all got responded. Many got late responded and some immediately. But I understood that we may never know whats on the other side and what may be the reason, so I never felt bad about it. I think that’s how life is!!

• October 14, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Thank you so much my friend.

I understand fully what you said.

There is no need to feel bad for anything happening in blogosphere.

My topic was just to elicit opinion from our fellow bloggers as to the ideal ‘response time’ for the comments made

For newbies it may take time to perfectly understand the UI.

I am glad that inspite of your busy schedule you are catching up with rest of the blogosphere friends.

Please continue your journey.

You are having such a beautiful blog with those wonderful photos on par with that of professional photographers.

Your photos are a visual treat indeed!

Please continue to post whenever you find time.

I also loved the response of Babsje “we all blog and read for pleasure right? If it is not fun and if delayed gratification from comment moderation an issue? Time for the person to look inside”

Babsje expressed so well that one need to just enjoy blogging rather than getting worried that there is no response for the ‘comments’ made.

Life is funny, strange, scary and moody.

As you rightly put it… it’s impossible to know the thoughts of others and you are absolutely right about not feeling bad about anything happening in life.

Just move on…

Thank you my friend.

Have a great weekend!

• October 14, 2021 at 2:53 pm

You are really sweet my friend! Indeed we should enjoy blogging for ourselves! I really like to read your posts and to watch the splendid shots as well! One really needs a lot of knowledge and skills to put one’s thoughts in words! And you have it! Keep writing and posting. And thanks a lot for your kind words. I am a beginner right now and it’s a lot to learn ahead. And here I get a lot to learn from all the bloggers. I really feel happy that I have started one! It’s worth it! Thank-you once again! Wish you a great weekend as well!!!

6. October 14, 2021 at 4:17 pm