No one has become poor by giving-Anne Frank

“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax!” Mark Black

My friend, what are your thoughts on cell phone Photography?

I must confess that most of the cell phone photos I take are substandard as compared to DSLR or Mirrorless cameras.

I have tried many cell phones cameras of a different make.

I am also aware of the technical limits of the cell phone camera.

Ironically high-end cell phones have become costlier than DSLR cameras!

The whole thing boils down to portability, ease of use and multifunctionality

The only advantage with the cell phone is, it’s handy and clicking the photos are much faster even before an outsider realises that a photo is taken.

It’s a boon during street photography since many won’t notice you.

A cell phone is perfectly OK as long as we don’t mind the quality of the image.

But satisfaction with the quality of the photos taken depends on the eyes of the person…beauty in the eyes of the beholder!

Cell phone manufacturers claim that their photos are superior to their competitors.

Coming to my image above

The above image is taken with my One Plus 6 cell phone.

As you can see in the above image, there is a sofa in need of an urgent repair, but kept on the pavement by some unknown.

Maybe it’s kept for transportation to the repair shop or maybe it is thrown out because it’s become junk.

Since it’s on the pavement I guess it’s discarded.

Most of the road users, when they see such things on the pavements, get disgusted or annoyed and curse the maintenance department of the agencies and also the people who threw the sofa irresponsibly.

What is the point I am trying to say?

The point I am stressing here is that nothing goes to waste in this world.

As long it’s there on the pavement, there are lesser fortune people who can have a nap and enjoy the rest of the day.

Any needy can pull up this sofa and have a siesta!

“When life’s problems overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate” Ann Landers

Message

Don’t complain.

Either you get a suitable or workable solution to the problem or just shut up (instead of whining).

“I think some people enjoy complaining almost as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it” Unknown

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you for visiting my site.

Take care, my friend.

You can check my other similar posts HERE

This post is part of John S Cellpic Sunday Photo Challenge and

XingfuMama’s Pull Up A Seat photo challenge.

9 comments for “No one has become poor by giving-Anne Frank

1. September 28, 2021 at 6:12 pm

I had to chuckle over this one. It is common practice around here to put the old sofa on the curbside, in all types of neighborhoods. It seldom stays there for more than an hour or two, the best recycling around! One man’s trash!
    I take lots of snapshots with my cell phone, but have a Canon EOS I love for my more special shoots.

• September 28, 2021 at 7:47 pm

well said my friend.
      I love the way you said.
      Yes… one man’s thrash is another man’s pot of ‘gold coins’!
      Glad that recycling taking place without hindrance!

2. September 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm

As has often been said, the best camera is the one you have with you. I admit to buying one of those expensive phones that has a pretty nice camera in it, and I use it much more often than the Sony point-and-shoot that I’d originally purchased for inconspicuous street photography. You are correct in that almost no one pays any attention to people using a cell phone to take a photo.

Thanks for participating in the Cellpic Sunday Challenge!

• September 28, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Thank You John.S.
      True, what you said about the best camera.
      And good news is these costly cell phones cameras are improving much faster than anticipated.

3. September 29, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Cell Phone photography used to be OK for quick pictures and posting on internet sites (like WP) where there are file storage limits. MY newest phone (on order, haven’t received it yet) has me rethinking that. The Hawaii pictures I posted in 2019 were taken with a 24 MP Nikon camera with multiple lenses. The new Samsung S21 Ultra has a 101 MP primary camera with a 100x OPTICAL zoom. O_O

• September 29, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Agree.
      It’s a good thing that advancements in technology shrinking the weight of mobile phones at the same time improving the camera capabilities and image resolution.

4. October 1, 2021 at 1:41 am

When I first saw the photo the seat I noticed was the man on the motor bike. To my eye the couch doesn’t look sit-able. Regarding cell phones: I’ve really never taken to cell phone cameras. It takes me too long to unlock the phone and find the camera app and I can’t see the screen well if I’m wearing my glasses (which I need to see anything farther than about 2 feet away. It’s actually faster to just use my regular camera I use a Sony point and shoot (RX10iv), it’s bulky but by tilting the viewfinder I can operate it fairly unobtrusively, without raising it, for candid street shots.

• October 1, 2021 at 9:34 am

True, the couch needs repair.
      But there are people who are able to enjoy a nap.

I can understand about your experience with cell phone camera.

Yes camera app sometimes confuse one.

Glad that you are comfortable with Point and shoot camera .

I can tell, you are doing a great job.