The topic ‘Another Day’ reminded me of Phil Collin’s song ‘Another day in Paradise’
An emotionally touching song! Worth watching and listening!
Love this song.
For you and me it’s another day in Paradise.
But for beggars and homeless- it’s another day of battle!
Begging can be out of necessity or because it has become a habit.
Poverty is the main culprit.
I don’t have any idea of beggars or homeless people in other parts of the world, but in India, we do come across beggars and homeless people in most of the cities.
Problems faced by the beggars are too many including no home or proper food and poor hygiene.
Less said better about their health condition.
I also understand that there are gangs that force people to beg.
Chances of getting abused or trashed (thinking that the person is a thief) are possible.
It’s much worse in case of disability.
The government is helping these helpless people by taking various measures to stop it.
Many NGOs are also helping in eradicating this problem.
Another day in beggar’s life
Let us imagine ourselves as a beggar.
- When you wake up in the morning no water to brush your teeth or take a bath
- Proper clothing and grooming are your biggest problems
- You must live nearby restrooms (provided by the Government & NGOs)
- No breakfast most of the times
- If you are lucky you may get breakfast at the wastage bin near a hotel
- If you are fortunate, during begging you may get some coins, if unlucky you may be showered scolding and shouting
- If your coins are sufficient in number and worth, then you can try your luck for lunch which is not guaranteed every day
- Forget your dinner
- You get drenched during rainy days and have to sleep or sit on those drenched pavements
- During hot summer days…chances of you getting dehydrated and suffer sunstroke- a possibility.
- As a pavement dweller, you can get hit by erratic vehicle drivers
I can go on and on…
So before you complain…
“Before you complain about your life, remember the life you are living might be someone else’s dreams” Manoj S Naik
But life is life and to be lived fully!
“There were worse things than death, as she’d discovered. Sometimes living took far more courage. Facing another day. Enduring. Those things took strength. Far more than dying” Maya Banks
“If you are reading this, be sure to count this on your blessings list.” Anthony Liccione
Please share your thoughts.
Thank you for visiting my site.
Take care, my friend.
Philosophy Through Photography
You can check my other similar posts HERE
Image by © PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved
This post is part of Ragtag Daily Prompt- Just Another day