Fog is not mysterious, fog is the mystery itself- Mehmet Murat ildan

What is fog to do with our mindset?

“When you are happy, you feel the sunshine even inside the fog; when you are unhappy, you feel the fog even in the sunshine” Mehmet Murat Ildan

The above quote perfectly analyses the human’ mindset.

Human minds are unreliable

It’s worse than a monkey’s mind.

I really can’t understand why the human mind has to be so complicated.

I guess Animals other than monkeys are better off!

“The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.”  John Milton

Strange that we lead simple life into a mess.

Do you have any answers?

I don’t have an answer.

What about you ?

I think We all are crazy.

At least can you try for a reasonable and acceptable explanation?

No chance my friend.

The truth is revealed in this lovely quote.

“(Sometimes) you will come face to face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels barreling pell-mell down the hill, utterly out of control and hopeless. No problem. You are not crazier than you were yesterday. It has always been this way and you never noticed.” Henepola Gunaratana -Psychology today

Can our minds be pure?

Just not possible.

Accept it. Live with it.

The only thing that is possible is, you can become better than the person you were

yesterday.

Since our minds can not be pure, all the time, we experience sorrow.

“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves” Buddha

Now coming to Fog vs Mist

Many times one gets confused with the usage of ‘fog’ & ‘mist’.

Both are made up of water droplets, they differ in density and location.

Fog is denser than mist.

Mist is a lighter version of fog.

Fog is a cloud reaching the ground level.

Fog reduces visibility less than 1 Km (3280 ft)

Mist reduces visibility to less than 1 to 2 Km (3280 to 6560 ft)

You can check my other posts HERE

This post is part of Ragtag Daily Prompt- FOG challenge

10 comments for “Fog is not mysterious, fog is the mystery itself- Mehmet Murat ildan

1. September 9, 2021 at 7:12 pm

Great image… I love woodlands in the mist and fog… I think fog adds a whole new meaning to an image… especially woodlands, it can make them feel quite haunted.

2. September 9, 2021 at 9:09 pm

I am in joying the sentiment. I like the imagery of the fog. However, I disagree with your subsequent comments. Even though, again, I do understand the sentiment.

I view the difference between your sentiments and mine as one of orientation upon things. Perhaps you might consider that how you understand the world is not necessarily right or wrong, but just looking at it in a particular way and basing a whole set of reasoning and thinking upon that unscrutinized orientation.

• September 10, 2021 at 6:49 am

Thank you my friend for your beautiful thoughts.

I agree.

I feel, the problem with humans is… the inherent ‘Perception’ embedded in the brain.

Simply put….what one thinks extraordinary….the other thinks crazy.

Some may express their thoughts by action and some may not.

Some feel ‘good’ about some action and the same is experienced by some others as not worthy or bad or crazy.

So the question begs for an answer.

Who is right and who is wrong and who decides ?

Hence I felt quote by Henepola Gunaratana -Psychology today is apt.

Once again billion thanks for frankly expressing your thoughts and enriching me further.

🙏🙏🙏

• September 10, 2021 at 7:55 am

I suppose part of what I mean by orientation is indeed what I understand by the using of the words. Ate they conveying true things? Such as….(re reading your post)…

• September 10, 2021 at 7:58 am

“Do we have an answer”. Are those words coming together to identify something particular by which I could respond ? Yes and no.

Indeed I do have a true answer. But do the words identify it? Yes and no.

I am crazy. But do these words identify something true? Tonthey indicate an object of meaning that I can identify? Yes and no

🙏🏾

• September 10, 2021 at 8:28 am

Well said my friend

3. September 10, 2021 at 9:38 am

Brilliant raw and authentic quote about how we realize we are crazy. ♥️

• September 10, 2021 at 9:53 am

Thank you my friend.
      Probably you can add your thoughts and take us to forward.
      My question is why should anybody decide what is crazy and what is not?