Love the ones you love like there’s no tomorrow. Literally – Criss Jami

“The timeless in you is aware of life’s timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream” Khalil Gibran

Are we the real fools?

“If you are sure of tomorrow, there is no fool greater than you!”
Mehmet Murat ildan

This post is part of Cee Neuner’s CFFC- Tomorrow photo challenge

10 comments for “Love the ones you love like there’s no tomorrow. Literally – Criss Jami

1. AP2
    August 29, 2021 at 10:06 pm

I love that quote. The only thing we can be truly sure of is the present moment. That’s all we have. Thanks for sharing friend 🙏

2. Lokesh Sastya
    August 29, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I have read the life story of Kahlil Gibran. Can you please elaborate his words?

• August 30, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Thank you my friend.

To be frank with you I am not a Philosopher.

I try to explain this from the level of my understanding.

Hindu religion believes that our ‘soul’ or ‘spirit is immortal and the soul just leaves the body to take another form. The soul is non destructible. The soul never thinks of ‘time’ because it has no time limit since it’s in a continuous process.

According to me ‘Time’ is just a concept born out of our ambitions with added tinge of greediness.
      Added to this, Mother Nature showing us, day and night with the help of the Sun creating a false perception of presence of time.

The so called yesterday, to day and tomorrow are again nothing but our imagination and there is no differentiation since it’s a continuous process. ( we feel they are different because of the Sun, who creates day and night)

TIMELESS IN YOU- probably Gibran talking about our ‘soul’ which does not have a time limit.

TIMELESS IN YOU IS AWARE OF LIFES TIMELESSNESS- Probably he means that our ‘soul’ or ‘spirit’ is immortal and never thinks of any ‘time limit’ since it is a continuous process taking different shape at each rebirth and it knows that the very life is timeless.

The problem with us is that we think we are highly intelligent creatures and imagine too much. We imagine too much and live in MAYA.

So our creation of ‘time’ is nothing but an illusion.

Thus for us, Past exists as MEMORY and future exists as ANTICIPATION and present exists as DISSATISFACTION

‘Passage of the time’ is nothing but a trick played our mind.
      All that is relevant is ‘present’ which changes to another form in the next moment.

Thank you so much for giving an opportunity to explain my version of the quote from Gibran.

Feel free to add your thoughts and enrich me further my friend.

• Lokesh Sastya
        August 30, 2021 at 4:33 pm

Gibran’s words make me aware of my presence.

Some people see time as an illusion,
        some take note of fractions of time. They use it for their purposes.

I tried to rush with the time, and I failed. Also, I don’t like to be lazy or late. Throughout the past few years, I have learnt to manage my time. It works for me.

Defining the soul is hard. I can feel the presence of people who are no more in this world. They have left their bodies, that’s true. Souls can be immortal but I would go with love, care and respect.

I know parents will be not present throughout my life journey, I HAVE TO FIND MY PATH.

Great thinkers inspire me to do great. I hope I can able to utilise their knowledge for people’s welfare.

My soul interacts with nature, feel connected with the people and stands for love, peace and harmony.🤗❤

• August 31, 2021 at 10:11 am

Hi Lokesh Sastya
          Glad that you learnt the art of managing your time as you gained experience over the time.

Remembrance of the departed souls is a great way of recognising their greatness, compassion and the hardships they undertook in caring people.

I can say, you are unique since you are able to interact with nature and resonate with its vibes.

🙏🙏🙏

3. August 29, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Terrific photo and quote for Tomorrow. 😀

4. August 30, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Now listen,you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

• August 30, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Thank you Paul.
      Couldn’t agree more.
      Those who believe in God- the answer is very clear….’If only God wishes….anything is possible’
      🙏🙏🙏