Friday Feelings

Human Psychology

“Part of the problem with the word ‘disabilities’ is that it immediately suggests an inability to see or hear or walk or do other things that many of us take for granted. But what of people who can’t feel? Or talk about their feelings? Or manage their feelings in constructive ways? What of people who aren’t able to form close and strong relationships? And people who cannot find fulfilment in their lives, or those who have lost hope, who live in disappointment and bitterness and find in life no joy, no love? These, it seems to me, are the real disabilities.”
Fred Rogers

Do you agree?

Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels

31 comments for “Friday Feelings

1. August 7, 2021 at 11:03 pm

I agree.. There’s a growing need to recognize disabilities beyond physical and mental. Emotional disabilities.maybe.

2. August 8, 2021 at 12:26 am

Agree with the wisdom of Fred Rogers. 😊

3. August 8, 2021 at 8:11 am

🙏🙏🙏

4. August 8, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Totally agree with you. When we talk about disability, we should consider both physical and mental disabilities.

5. spiritualfantasia
    August 9, 2021 at 11:25 am

Yes, it makes one experience life in different colors than if one were emotionally healthy. It would be hard to not be able to derive a feeling of happiness from life. However, in my perspective, I believe the feelings of hopelessness, fear of intimacy, and lack of fulfillment have a greater chance to be healed than physical disabilities. For example, lack of fulfillment can be eased by creating a sense of purpose! What do you think?

• August 9, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Couldn’t agree more my friend
      Well explained

However in my humble opinion both physical diability and emotional disturbance are very very difficult to erase from the mind however best one tries.

Advicing and encouraging each other to move on… is the best one can do to each other.

• spiritualfantasia
        August 9, 2021 at 8:05 pm

Yes, it is not something the mind can fix easily! Encouragement and having a good support system is very beautiful, it can uplift one’s spirits. 🙂

I have experienced many of them listed, from being very scared to share my feelings to having a lack of fulfillment. I don’t feel that way anymore! I would say having compassionate people did help me open myself to share what I was going through. As for the second, I had to go on a journey of self-discovery. 🙂

• August 10, 2021 at 7:33 am

You are frank as usual.
          I like your self discovery approach.
          If I am not taking your time can you elaborate what exactly is this approach and how to be successful and at the same time being content

• spiritualfantasia
            August 10, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Haha! I am frank, that is funny. I would love to! LOL, it’s my passion!

Self-Discovery has six layers I believe! The layers have no particular order, I will just talk through them!

One layer would be knowing your authentic self. What are my core values? OR any questions about the authentic self. Knowing who we are allows us to take action that is meaningful to our authentic self. It also makes us happy because we can feel whole in who we are. We can accept who we are!

A second layer would be to release anything that is NOT your authentic self. So what you AREN’T! These are like fears, limiting beliefs, etc. That way, we don’t live in fear.

A third layer would be to set goals! Like, anything that is aligned with your authentic self or vision.

A fourth layer would be to go outside your comfort zone! This is where we can explore our true potential. This is where we can challenge our limiting beliefs as well! This is also where we can develop more of our interests and find our passions.

A fifth later would be to develop our mindsets. This helps us be successful. There are so many layers to this one. But things like being empowered, growth mindset… 🙂

A sixth layer would be to… rewrite our stories!!! Like, rewriting the beliefs we gained from the past so we can create a better reality for ourselves. At this point we know what we want in life and can create a vision for our lives.

This way, by being one’s authentic self, one can expand in a direction that is true and meaningful to them. What do you think self-discovery is?

6. August 11, 2021 at 6:11 pm

I can make out that you are a frank gal.

And you are rich with enormous knowledge and sure I am enriched whenever I interact with you

Glad your passion is being frank, a rare trait.

I wish I am like you.

None is frank even with oneself, since one goes on changing as per one’s comforts.

Perfect analysis of self discovery

I love the layers.

Very convincing.

I wish and pray I start self discovering myself based on your description of self assessment.

Very rare to see a very very young person talking so maturely.

God bless you

🙏🙏🙏

• spiritualfantasia
      August 12, 2021 at 9:54 am

LOL! Whoops, I mean self-discovery is my passion. Being frank is not a passion. LOL! I will not say I am 100% frank. I will say if I am close to someone, it is easier to be frank. Or, if I am having an honest conversation about something I’m passionate about with a friend! Not so much with acquaintances or professors! I think core values show the character we strive to become. Haha, I’m sure you are already self-discovering with all the wisdom, quotes, and self-inquiry about the world you do! You are fun to talk with. 🙂 Thank you my friend!

7. September 20, 2021 at 3:52 am

Ok, so basically that’s all of us. A category ceases to be useful when it’s all inclusive, surely