Everything is better in purple…

Are purple and violet the same?

After reading this article please share your thoughts.

I know many people get confused between violet and purple colours.

To my knowledge the term ‘violet’ is used rarely.

While Violet is a natural colour, purple happens to be a created colour.

Violet is the original colour that exists on the electromagnetic spectrum.

The colour Purple does not exist in the electromagnetic spectrum.

It’s a perceived colour by the human eyes and it’s a mixture of Red & Blue.

Just like your brain fools you as the magician does unbelievable tricks, here too your brain creates this artificial colour due to limited sensors in your retina, allowing your brain to manufacture this colour.

Also, people get confused between Purple vs Blue and Purple vs Pink and Purple vs Indigo.

It’s OK if you are wrong while describing the colour!

A towel for the respectable person that you are

Don’t panic and carry a towel! (Tribute to Douglas Adams)

Are you aware of ‘Towel Day’?

Yes, my friend. There is one such day celebrated on May 25 every year.

Acknowledge the importance of the towel.

Born to the purple means – born to Royalty-  unknown

“I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it.” Alice walker

This post is part of

Cee Neuner’s FOTD

Sandy’s Friendly Friday Foto Challenge- PURPLE

20 comments for “Everything is better in purple…

1. July 31, 2021 at 6:01 pm

The whole purple = royalty thing came about because in the Middle Ages, purple dye was so expensive that you almost had to be royalty to afford it. I recall stories that a few monarchs decreed that they could be the only ones to use purple as well in their countries.

• July 31, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Really?
      You always bring something interesting and new information to me.
      I learn a lot.

• July 31, 2021 at 6:15 pm

Yes, I’m a fountain of endless absolutely useless trivia. Just don’t ask me anything important or meaningful, LOL.

• July 31, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Haha
          And I never get tired of your wits and wisdom my friend.
          Know that I love the way you analyse and interpret.
          You are as simple as complicated LOL!😀😀

2. July 31, 2021 at 7:48 pm

I always thought that violet was more a vibrant colour. So not surprised to hear that violet is natures colour and purple is man made, lol

3. July 31, 2021 at 8:02 pm

Purple vs Violet is an interesting distinction. Somewhat like Scarlet and Red, don’t you think? Thanks for joining this week’s challenge!

4. spiritualfantasia
    August 1, 2021 at 11:00 am

I saw a bunch of picked purple flowers on the ground today! I wonder who left them there. 🙂

• August 1, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I wish you clicked one😀

• spiritualfantasia
        August 2, 2021 at 7:34 am

LOL. Taking pictures is another way to pick flowers… isn’t it?! Like, one appreciates the flower so much that it “chooses” it for a photoshoot or to be picked. 🙂

• August 2, 2021 at 8:22 am

Well said.

Photoshoot keeps the flower in its original place without disturbance, like a bee 🐝 treating the flower gently.

Picking a flower physically or plucking a flower 🌼 implies that the flower is disturbed from the plant.

• spiritualfantasia
            August 2, 2021 at 8:30 am

Very true! They are different as well. Photos are more kind to the plant! And, the photo saves the memory of the flower in bloom forever and ever.