Can art be Therapy?

Yes, my friend

It’s said to be an ‘expressive therapy’

Art is nothing but self-expression and through this artists can communicate for the betterment of society.

Art is said to have a healing effect on mentally disturbed people.

What is public art?

Public art is encompasses any form of art you see in a public place, large or small, statues, murals, graffiti, gardens, parks, etc. The art should be visible from streets, sidewalks or outdoor public places.

“A wall is a very big weapon. It’s one of the nastiest things you can hit someone with” Banksy

Don’t ask me what is that the above painting conveys… or who is hitting whom!

I can’t answer because I am not an artist.

Let me struggle to find out the answer.

Meanwhile if you get anything from this painting, please let me know.

But I am happy with this art because it’s colourful and I enjoy the colour display and my mind is at peace.

This post is part of Cee Neuner’s PPAC # 6– photo challenge

20 comments for “Can art be Therapy?

1. July 25, 2021 at 7:22 pm

No one is hitting each other here! It’s just that they are sitting while the man is holding the lady’s leg..

2. July 25, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Check this https://www.fatcap.com/live/revok-rime-in-detroit.html
    Here is the full graffiti picture!!! You will understand it!! ❤✨

3. July 25, 2021 at 11:33 pm

This is such a marvelous mural for this week 😀 😀

4. July 26, 2021 at 3:58 am

Art therapy is awesome! I know that people can make a living from both art therapy and music therapy! Both are so therapeutic!

5. July 26, 2021 at 7:19 am

Couldn’t agree more my friend

6. July 30, 2021 at 10:47 am

I have to agree with your first interpretation. I didn’t get it. But it is colorful and interesting. Great to have someone who could explain it. LOL Thanks for sharing. Lots of fun. It brought a smile to my face.