Thursday Thoughts

button-2076_1920

“Despite your best efforts, not everyone wants to be helped. Make a difference where you can and be at peace with the rest” Gary Hopkin

What exactly is the author of the above quote trying to tell us?

I request you to make me understand better.

Why do some people refuse the much-needed help?

Is this because of pride?

Maybe the person providing the help may not be to their liking?

Maybe they don’t wish to be a nuisance?

And being stubborn?

And there may be many more reasons.

One can never know.

When you try to help the needy and if the needy refuses your help do you feel bad?

What are your thoughts?

Or do you think, they feel that you are fishing in the troubled water though your intentions are good?

How to explain this psychology?

Is this anything to do with mindset?

The following quote gives a different explanation

Maybe it’s correct?

“People seldom refuse help, if one offers it in the right way” A C Benson.

What are your thoughts, my friend?

Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay

10 comments for “Thursday Thoughts

1. July 22, 2021 at 7:38 pm

I suppose it’s a feeling of control, if you accept help you are no longer in control, and don’t wish to be always grateful.

2. July 23, 2021 at 2:23 am

I’m sure pride has something to do with it

3. spiritualfantasia
    July 26, 2021 at 1:08 pm

In addition to wanting to have autonomy/control in one’s life, some people might not have the intrinsic motivation to change! It’s like, we can lead the horse to water, but not make them drink it! So it would be awesome to find those that are open to the change so that one’s effort is not wasted!

• July 26, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Wow!
      So beautifully you have explained.
      Thank you so much.
      One has to try one’s best so that one’s helping hand is not rejected

• spiritualfantasia
        July 26, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Haha!! Indeed! 🙂

I resonate with your thought that I don’t always take advice out of stubbornness. LOL. Sometimes, I make the mistake, and learn myself. It’s funny! 🙂

4. September 11, 2021 at 12:39 am

Intriguing. No doubt there could be many reasons why each of us, at times, fail to accept help from others. I wonder if the deeper question here might be about what our expectations are, as the one looking to provide the help.