Dead-dying-alive

“Life is a constant process of dying” Arthur Schopenhauer

The above image is that of a palm tree.

Do you find anything interesting?

I am sure, you will say nothing much other than this is photo of a tree.

But I have a different take.

If you notice this palm tree, half of its leaves are dry and dead.

The other half of the leaves on the top are readying to welcome death, with most of the green leaves changing the colour to grey.

Also note the trees on either side of this palm tree are alive, kicking and in perfect green colour and in good shape.

So it’s the combination of the dead, dying and alive.

How do you rate your life -tragedy, comedy or mystic?

If you ask me I don’t know.

I can say that I am a confused lot.

Life is a tragedy

“In a way, this whole life is a tragedy but let us not pay too much attention to it otherwise life will be even more unbearable!”  Mehmet Murat ildan

Life is Comedy

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a Ride!’” Hunter S. Thompson

Life is mystic

“Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor” Sholom Aleichem

Thought of the day

Live your life fully come whatever may.

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style.” Maya Angelou

In the end..

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called Life.”
Terry Pratchett

This post is part of Becky B’s TREE SQUARE  photo challenge

16 comments for “Dead-dying-alive

1. July 22, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Thank you for the daily dose of wisdom and joy in reading your posts.

2. July 23, 2021 at 1:03 am

ooh interesting perspectives – I just thought it needed a trim!! Do love how you get us to think more deeply

3. July 23, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Life is Mystic!

4. spiritualfantasia
    July 26, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Haha, this post made me laugh. The tree, yes it’s dead, dying, and alive! I will see palm trees in a new way, LOL. So then, it’s true to say we are dying all the time. However, we can also say it’s true that we are living through life’s ups and downs through a tragic/comedic/mystic perspective!!!!!!!!! Out of the three, I like the comedic one! What a ride and journey life is!

• July 26, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Thank you Linda.
      I agree.
      Yes life is a great ride full of fun,joy,sadness and sorrow.
      That is the comedy part!

• spiritualfantasia
        July 26, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Yeah! We might as well laugh at the journey and enjoy the ride of ups and downs! 😛

• July 27, 2021 at 8:12 am

Instead of taking things negatively for each and every thing, that happens which are not to our liking….let us develop a strong positive metal attitude to enjoy the life, akin to laughing even when there is no reason.

• spiritualfantasia
            July 27, 2021 at 8:29 am

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha. Laughing for no reason! Like, the fact that I just woke up today as me! What a great experience that I take for granted because it happens everyday. 🙂

5. September 11, 2021 at 12:52 am

Very interesting. What I see is that we are very much like this palm. Parts of ourselves (beliefs, ideas, opinions) are being released, some are in transition and new ones are constantly forming. All are a part of our same sacred journey. Thank you for placing this post in our lives.