Make peace with your broken pieces- r.h.Sin

Ever Wondered?

“Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude” Anne Frank

My friend is it not an ugly truth in our life?

Ironically we value the people after they are gone!

We never love the person when this person is alive maybe because of jealousy or egoistic nature, hatred, misunderstanding, presumptions, assumptions and one can talk of plenty of other reasons.

Nowadays it has become a fashion to express regret loudly without doing any corrections and forget things in the next minute. After all, life has to move on!

We also come across mentalities, where somebody wishes that ‘It’s better if so and so dies’!. What a cruel world!!

It’s said, even if you don’t wish to regret…still you regret at the subconscious level and there is no escape!

Is regretting a good thing or a bad thing?

It depends on what you are regretting.

Regret can result either from…you doing something or not doing something.

My friend’, regret’ is good for the time being. It’s good to realize where things did go wrong. But there is no need to continue the guilt.

It’s said we regret our missed opportunity more than our bad decisions.

“Regret is counterproductive. It’s looking back on a past that you can’t change. Questioning things as they occur can prevent regret in the future.” Colleen Hoover

Take-Home Message

☑️Nothing wrong with regretting.

☑️Don’t suppress your feelings and at the same time take corrective measures.

☑️You start forgiving yourself and start living ‘the moment’ and move on my friend.

☑️Stop fighting with your family members! Never hate them!

“No regrets in life. Just lessons learned” Unknown

Have you ever regretted in your life such that you find difficult to forgive yourself?

Please share your thoughts.

This post is part of Cee Neuner’s FOTD photo challenge

19 comments for “Make peace with your broken pieces- r.h.Sin

1. June 27, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Agree with you. Its an irony that after a person dies we celebrate him. But when he is alive we practice hatred and enmity. Irony of life.

2. June 27, 2021 at 5:45 pm

I love this. Needed it. My question is just if its at the subconscious level how do you stop regretting? I can appreciate that in every situation there is a lesson but is there a way to stop regretting even when its based on the pain that you feel?

• June 27, 2021 at 6:10 pm

My friend, there is no way you can totally stop or erase the unfortunate thoughts from subconscious mind because it’s the job of the subconscious mind to remind you from time to time of the past…all that one can do is try to ignore, and move on with the flow (life).

Things are easier said than done.

The only way is to develop a strong mindset and go on telling oneself…enough is enough ..and no more!

In your blog post ‘wisdom Wednesday # 48’, you have beautifully mentioned this.. “When your past calls, don’t answer, it has nothing new to say”

Thank you my friend for joining the discussion. Appreciate.

• June 27, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Thank you for this reminder. Much Love.

• June 27, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Agreed. Although perhaps it would help to allow yourself to accept the pain of the regret of the situation, and find something to learn from it so that you can ‘use the regret’ per se in the future. Maybe then it won’t hurt so much when you are reminded of it.

3. June 27, 2021 at 6:05 pm

“No regrets in life. Just lessons learned” – that’s the approach I try to take.

• June 27, 2021 at 6:12 pm

This is a wonderful approach Ashley.

No sad feelings. No disappointments. No depression and total peace of mind by following this piece of advice.

4. June 27, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Living a life free of regrets is well nigh impossible, but it’s never too late to try harder and be grateful for those who have blessed your life and to whom you can be a blessing!
    pax,
    dora

5. June 28, 2021 at 5:27 am

I really appreciated the philosophy on the post. Thank you.

Pat

6. June 29, 2021 at 9:08 am

There is way more to regret in life than I have hours to remember. As I get older, I find I don’t have time to regret. I used to get anxious about every misspoken word and was too embarrassed about whether to apologize or let it ride. I’m so glad to get past those regrets. Very good advice. Thanks for the post. 🙂

• June 29, 2021 at 9:14 am

Thank you Marsha.
      Your advice ..worthy to be remembered by all of us.
      As one ages one becomes more mature and one is in a position to know the lapses one had….and one can just laugh out loud for those immature actions.
      Life is strange and funny….because we become mature only when we age.
      Why is it so?
      Why can’t God allow us to become more mature in our younger days so that we can have the best of the world?

7. August 7, 2021 at 4:50 pm

And that is why, I remain silent most of the time. My family had understand this habit of mine, so they are okay with it.
    I do talk but only when necessary 🙂