Photographing Public Art #2

What is Public Art?

Public art is an art in any media.

Public art is accessible to the public and staged in public space.

Cee Neuner says “Public art encompasses any form of art you see in a public place, large or small, statues, murals, graffiti, gardens, parks, etc. The art should be visible from streets, sidewalks or outdoor public places”.

The photo below is taken in the South Gate of Bath City, UK, with a purple and cream floral canopy in the walkway. A visual treat indeed!

“There are two distinct languages, the verbal, which separates people… and there is the visual that is understood by everybody” Yaakov Agam

Β

Namaste πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Image by Β© PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved

This post is part of Cee Neuner’s Photographing Public Art # 2 photo challenge

21 comments for “Photographing Public Art #2

1. June 26, 2021 at 7:14 pm

That second photo is so beautiful! β™₯β™₯

2. June 26, 2021 at 8:10 pm

Oh I so adore you the quote your found. I definitely speak the visual language. Your photo gives me a sense of awe. πŸ˜€

• June 26, 2021 at 8:22 pm

Thank you Cee Neuner.
      Your clicks are the best example and All your photos speak in the visual language.
      We are proud of your inspiration.
      Thanks to you & Marsha we are all lucky to get the all the encouragement.

3. June 27, 2021 at 4:32 am

Your photo inspires me and primes my pump to remember some of the beautiful public art that is out there for all of us to enjoy. How fortunate are we for that? I’m working rather unsuccessfully to use fewer words and more pictures. I never thought about the truth of your quote, but that is a powerful quote. πŸ™‚ Thanks for joining in this week. πŸ™‚

• June 27, 2021 at 7:54 am

Thank you Marsha for your kind and encouraging words.

We are really fortunate that public art these days has reached another level.
      No need to feel bad about more words and fewer pictures.

Both words and pictures are important and words express the actual emotion and connect with pictures.

Sincere thanks to you a d Cee Neuner for this venture.

To be frank with you… it’s a tough job to run a photo challenges since you have to keep in touch with each and everyone who joins enthusiastically and regularly see their work and respond via comments.

Sadly I have come across a few bloggers running photo challenges….but never acknowledge the participants, a sort of one-way traffic.

I appreciate you and Cee in this regard.

Always wonder from where she gets energy in running so many photo challenges and at the same time kepp in touch with the participants.

Apologies for this lengthy comment.

Have a great Sunday Marsha

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• June 27, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Never any need to apologize to me for a lengthy comment!

Challenges are a lot of work. This is my third, and I don’t think I could do any more than that. Before I started any of them I ran a series of interviews of blog hosts. It is still ongoing, but it is not a weekly event. I learn so much from those I interview.

Cee is an amazing woman. She dedicates about 4-5 hours a day to all her blogs, and she is very organized. When she asked to join in on this one and co-host, I jumped for joy. I would never have asked her because she is the queen of challenges. She not only takes all of her challenges very seriously, she joins in to support many other challenges out there. It’s a great pleasure to work with her. πŸ™‚

• June 28, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Thank you for your kind words.
          Is is possible to have Cee’s energy?

• June 28, 2021 at 8:48 pm

No, it is not a bit possible. And more, her kind gentleness. She’s less wordy than I am, but she’s a love. She teaches me a lot. Speaking of energy. She has done some energy work on my knee – long distance over the computer, and between that, rest and I believe the Lord heals, too, my Pickleball knee is almost back to normal. Who knew her energy could travel through the computer? πŸ™‚

• June 27, 2021 at 7:25 pm

P.S. You made my Sunday with your comment. Have a great Sunday as well.

4. June 27, 2021 at 7:56 am

Apologies …..
    Read She….as Cee
    Read kepp…..as keep

5. June 27, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Yay, we can all understand the beauty of art… a part of life that touches us. Why is that? ❀

• June 27, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Thank you my friend.
      Art can influence the society.
      Art is a communication my friend.
      Without art there is no meaning in leading the life.
      Life and art are interconnected.
      One can’t be without the other.

• June 27, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Wow, beautiful. Art is a communication that is understood by all, it has the power to influence the society because of it’s powerful potential to connect us with life. We can see that all life is art, and all art is life. I’ve seen a video where someone said, I live my life like it is art, each moment is art. Thank you. πŸ™‚

6. July 3, 2021 at 1:27 am

These are both great, that second one must be something to see in person!

Pat