Is this True?

pexels-secret-garden-931177

‘No one ever loved anyone,the way that  person wanted to be loved”  Mignon Mclaughlin

Please share your views.

Photo by Secret Garden from Pexels

13 comments for “Is this True?

1. June 7, 2021 at 8:52 pm

There’s another variation of that also floating around on the internet: ““No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved.” I have no idea which is the actual quote, but this one makes more sense to me, as the fairytale version of love that people have isn’t realistic.

2. June 7, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Beautiful quote ♥

3. JJ
    June 7, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Beautiful 👌

4. Lokesh Sastya
    June 7, 2021 at 11:21 pm

I love the beautiful roses.

5. June 7, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Stunning roses, dear Philo, but I would argue with this quote. Dealing in absolutes, such as “everyone” and “anyone,” is rarely true. Granted, there are very few perfect couples in the world, yet they do exist, and what makes them perfect is being loved the way they want to be loved. The trick is to have realistic expectations and communicate them in a non-judgmental manner.

6. June 8, 2021 at 3:48 am

I don’t agree with this quote at all. I have certainly been loved the way I want to be loved, and I really don’t think I’m unique in this regard. I know other couples who are tickled to be together and even after decades, are still thrilled. Maybe it is just the unrealistic who dream of a fairy tale, happily- ever-after life that doesn’t take conscious care are the ones who are disappointed.

• June 8, 2021 at 7:45 am

Thank you Dorothy.
      Couldn’t agree more.
      True love is possible, but rare.
      Lucky are the ones who experience uncondional love (by both the partners) at the same time appreciating the human limits.