Paradise is a sip away!

Hot, Hotter & Hottest

Most of the area in India (Excluding Northern most part) has just three seasons. Hot, hotter and hottest.

We are nearing the end of March Month.

We Indians dread the very thought of our lives between April to July months when the temperature rises both mentally and also weather-wise.

The weather is very hot, humid and stuffy. The temperature ranges from 101ºF(39ºC) to 114ºF(46ºC)

Do you Know?

Of the worlds’ 15 hot places 10 are in India. source-El Dorado

Last year Rajasthan’s Chiru recorded the highest temperature of 122ºF(50ºC)

How do people manage this unbearable heat?

It’s is simple.

We are used to this temperature.

We also are aware of why an individual’s temperature rises during these days resulting in heated arguments but ends in a friendly way by sharing coconut water!

Nutritional value of coconut water

Coconut water is always refreshing.

It contains digestible carbohydrates in the form of sugar and electrolytes. It has few calories, less sodium more potassium and much superior to those Gym/Sports drinks.

Coconut water is lower in sugar than fruit juices and for those who are conscious about weight, it can be a magic beverage.

Coconut water keeps you hydrated and at the same time giving the required nourishment for quick recovery from heat-related exhaustion.

Any modern-day ‘life’ lessons?

“In the world of carbonated soft drinks…be someone’s sweet coconut water”  Smiling Tea

This post is part of Jude’s LIFE IN COLOUR and the theme for March is Green

14 comments for “Paradise is a sip away!

1. March 27, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Coconut water? Who knew? Me – I can tolerate dry heat like B.C.s Okanagan Valley where it can reach 42C, humidity is another matter! Regardless, when heat becomes oppressive I wrap a piece of cloth around several ice cubes and drape the cloth around my neck.

• March 27, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Your solution reminded my college days.
      That is exactly what I used to do in my college days when we were staying in hostel rooms.
      We used to barrow ice cubes from the laboratory, put in a kerchief and just keep over the forehead.

2. SensiSpirit
    March 27, 2021 at 4:13 pm

Wonderful. Coconuts are a multi use with a plethora of uses.🌹

3. March 27, 2021 at 7:45 pm

What puzzles me is when it’s really hot and men in India (and other parts of the world) wear jeans. Jeans seem like the most uncomfortable thing possible to wear in the heat.

• March 28, 2021 at 9:57 am

Agree,
      The reason is simple.
      People are influenced by the attractive advertisements.
      Humans are expert in copying and love copying. And anything new is an attraction!
      Imitation rules the world
      Anything popular in other parts of the world is quickly followed, irrespective of whether it suits the environment.

4. March 27, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Phew! Those temperatures would kill me – along with the humidity. I am a fair skinned English rose who, like roses, wilts in extreme heat, but the coconut water sounds like heaven. Nice to see you again Philo xx

• March 28, 2021 at 10:02 am

Thank you Jude.
      I can understand what you are saying.
      I am also confused when I see Westerners just spending hours under the hot sun. I realized that they love tanning.
      Is it so?
      Is tanning very popular among majority of Westerners?
      Thanks for the inspiration and love your photo challenges.
      Wish I take part in every single challenge regularly.

5. March 28, 2021 at 6:41 am

I love you my friend But I am not coming to India for that heat.
    Laugh, The alternative is sad