Do you know why you are looking pleasing?
Yes, my friend. You are looking sweet and charming and beautiful!.
My guess is this is because of your smile and the confidence you exude in smiling naturally and this gift of yours, unfortunately, lacking in many of our friends, not because God didn’t bless them with, but due to their bad oral hygiene.
What exactly I am trying to convey?
By now you must have understood.
“Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond”.
Miguel de Cervantes
Sadly we all ignore this fact. By the time you realise it’s too late! That’s is the reason World Oral Health Day is celebrated annually.
World Oral Health Day
World Oral Health Day is celebrated on March 20 th every year.
The campaign theme for 2021-2023 is ‘Be Proud Of Your Mouth’
Good Oral Health, helps you live longer and lead a healthier life.
This day the world is asked to unite to help reduce the burden of oral diseases which can tremendously affect the individual.
Why this date was chosen?
Number -20 reflects…..
- Seniors must have a total of 20 natural teeth at the end of their life to be considered healthy
- Children should possess 20 baby teeth
- Healthy adults must have a total of 32 teeth and 0 dental cavities
- Expressed on a numerical basis this can be translated as 3/20 hence March 20
The first thing people notice when they meet you
- 5%- Smell
- 4%- Cloths
- 3%- Hair
I have to mention my friend Chris who is running a wonderful blog by name- Mr Ohh!’s Sideways view who wishes that everybody must smile irrespective of the situations they are in.
I can’t forget his advice.
And your smile with those beautiful pearls like teeth makes all the difference.
To preserve those beautiful pearls, one must visit the Dentist regularly. (once in six months)
Not just shining teeth, Remember about the bad breath that can sink your relationship, due to poor oral hygiene.
Mint can’t be a permanent solution!
What are the minimum things we are supposed to do regularly?
- Start dental care for the kids as soon as teeth start forming.
- Brush twice a day, by using proper technique and never forget flossing daily. If you are not aware of flossing take the help of youtube or your Dentist.
- Change the tooth-brush once in 3 or 4 months.
- Before going to bed rinse the mouth with an anti-bacterial solution.
- Forget smoking, tobacco and all other related stuff.
- Eat a healthy diet and I need not stress how important this is.
- Consult Dentist once in 6 months.
Now I come to some common dental problems we face because of our irresponsible habits
- BAD breath, strangely nobody tells you the fact, that your breath stinks! And many relations got ruined because of this!
- Tooth decay.
- Gum disease,
- Tooth sensitivity.
- Oral cancer.
- Finally, who enjoys your unpleasant & un-attractive smile?
Best & Worst food for your mouth
Best foods- Apple, Cheese & Almonds
Food that are worst- Sour candies, bread & Carbonated drinks.
No mental health without Oral Health.
Yes, my friend. It’s true.
The most difficult thing in this world is to tell tell someone that their breath is foul smelling.
Bad breath leads to social anxiety, depression and loneliness. People avoid you and they don’t reveal the truth to you, because it’s a delicate matter and you can get offended easily!
Image by © PTP-2021 All Rights Reserved