Good things come to those who wait..But Bad things come to those who “weight” unknown
To day (March 4) is being celebrated as World Obesity Day.
I am reposting this article for the benefit of the readers.
Life & Death are in the power of your own tongue
No No…… I am not talking of the proverb 18:21 which warns us about our words coming from our tongue that can either speak life or that can speak death. Bible Hub
I am not talking of the corona pandemic. Enough is already said.
I am talking about our present-day lifestyle concerning our food habits and the way we eat and not giving enough time gap between mouth & Hand while eating and at the same time addicted to junk food (Binge Eating Disorder) !! BED
By now you know that I am talking about obesity.
Is obesity a disease?
Yes, my friend, obesity is a chronic disease. Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may harm health. Obesity
Why does this happen?
- Excessive food intake
- Lack of exercise
- Genetic susceptibility
Is any problem with being obese?
Being overweight is not a problem except it can cause low esteem. Body-shame
“Losing confidence in one’s body is to lose confidence in oneself “ unknown
Being obese is altogether a different matter.
And my friend you are inviting trouble by being obese.
You may suffer from one of the following and die too young. Do you wish this to happen?
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- High blood pressure
I am not talking about the details of various measures to be taken etc to prevent obesity or complications of the diseases from obesity, that can happen.
I am trying to simplify the discussion.
Any recipe to lose weight?
I know….Your immediate thoughts are on Dieting & Hitting the Gym.
“A recipe has no soul. Ask the cook. You must bring soul to the Recipe” Thomas Keller
My friend, do not fall prey to marketing gimmicks.No amount of dieting & gym going to help you in the long run.
Losing weight does not have a recipe. Losing weight depends on your soul.
Every obese person has to evolve their own recipe
But I can provide you with some basic ideas and you can modify them according to your needs.
- Fruits & vegetables
- Exercise 3 times a week, no need to hit the gym, simple walking and jogging will do
- No smoking
- No drinking
- No sugar
- No junk foods
- Avoid processed food.
The point I wish to hammer out is DIETING DOES NOT WORK. The more food items you
restrict, you tend to eat more and you prefer to eat junk even more. Even if you combine with Gym….still it won’t work. Statistics show that those who diet tend to put on weight in the long run and it’s true.
- Eat, only when you are hungry. Stop eating exactly at that point when the brain sends signals that your stomach is full.
- Never allow yourself to be too hungry. Otherwise, Overeating happens.
- Next, you start thinking of what to eat. Include greens and fruits, avoid sugar at any cost, as I mentioned above.
- Remember to say No to three food items.1.Sugar 2.Salt & 3.processed food.
- Remember to walk or jog thrice a week for 30 minutes.
- Preventing weight gain is much easier than steps to be taken for weight loss.
- Eat only when you are hungry and stop when you feel full. Don’t create situations where you are too hungry
- Dieting is a waste of time, energy & money. Instead have control over your mind.
- Undertake minimum, but regular exercises without taxing your dear body.
“Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat.” Socrates
Thank you. Namaste
Philosophy Through Photography
Disclaimer-The above post is not meant for any medical advice. It is intended for information purpose only. It’s not a substitute for Professional Medical advice. Consult your physician for medical advice.