Watch your thoughts!

“Overthinking leads to negative thoughts”  unknown

Warning!!

“You think about 60,000 thoughts a day. It’s up to you to make sure that you don’t use up 59,999 of them with negative and cynical thinking”  unknown

And it’s impossible to tame the mind of your negative thoughts.

Is it possible to find a person who never gets a negative thought!

The point I am stressing is, whatever may be the circumstances the human mind is programmed to look for negative thoughts first and foremost.

Humans proudly assert that they are always cautious, forgetting that these negative thoughts are responsible for their misery!

And it is impossible to detach yourself from negative thoughts.

And whatever advice you may come across on the internet about avoiding negative thoughts… may not help altogether.

“For many negative thinking is a habit, which over time becomes an addiction”  Peter McWilliams

Are you controlling your negative thoughts or are your negative thoughts controlling you?

Not a difficult question to answer my friend.

You are being controlled by your negative thoughts! Accept it.

Any formula to overcome this?

Yes. There is one

“The goal is not to get rid of all your negative thoughts, feelings and life situations. That is impossible.

The goal is to change your response to them.

To go so strong on the inside, that nothing on the outside can affect your inner wellness without your conscience permission”   Unknown

Please share your views and how to counter negative thoughts with positive ones?

Photo by Bas Masseus from Pexels

Featured Image-Pixels-Pixabay

21 comments for “Watch your thoughts!

1. March 2, 2021 at 5:42 pm

Good points..I try and say each time whatever I think is not going to change the situation ..so just accept it. Easy to say, harder to do, but it does help

2. March 2, 2021 at 7:34 pm

What helps me is to understand the reason behind the negative thought, going to the root cause mostly helps:)

3. March 2, 2021 at 10:58 pm

unfortunately negativity tends to breed!

• March 3, 2021 at 7:18 am

Thank you Orvillewrong.
      My guess is humans instantly think negatively followed by hope and prayers.
      But enough damage is done already.

4. March 3, 2021 at 12:43 am

Very true..
    For me it’s simply my pen and paper. As soon as I start spilling out my negative and depressing thoughts on them, they revert me back solutions, as to, how to overcome them, what are the positive points I’m missing out, how to count on them rather than allowing myself to drown under unwanted worries, extra stress and the ongoing process of over thinking. My cents..!! Thanks.. 🙏🏻😇

• March 3, 2021 at 7:23 am

Wow

You are so lucky my friend.

I wish I too have the habit of pulling the paper and pen!

Well said regarding thinking of positive points to counter the negative thoughts, instead of getting drowned in the negative thoughts with fear, tension and anxiety.

5. March 3, 2021 at 3:29 am

This is so true………some folks just relish in negativity! I don’t practice negativity (just the opposite, I’m mostly cheerful) Most things are not about the problem ……..it is how you respond to it…..

• March 3, 2021 at 7:25 am

God bless you my friend.
      Being cheerful come whatever may ….indeed a God’s gift.
      True what you said.
      We create an illusion that something wrong going to happen.
      Thank you Cady.

6. March 3, 2021 at 8:00 am

I will never say I do not have negative thoughts But they are not my first thoughts. The mind can be trained. You just have to want to do it and take the time

Laughter is contagious. Start a pandemic

• March 3, 2021 at 9:31 am

Well said my friend.
      Mind can be trained to look for positive possibilities to solve the problems, instead of wasting mental energy for negative thoughts.

Let one just laught at negative thoughts and dust it off!

7. DiosRaw
    March 3, 2021 at 5:09 pm

♥️

8. March 5, 2021 at 6:21 pm

I needed to read this. I’ve been in an overthinking rut for the last week or so and it’s lead me into a very negative mindset. Thanks

• March 5, 2021 at 7:43 pm

Thank you my friend.
      I am glad the post is resonated with you.
      Be strong.
      Chase away those negative thoughts.
      You are the winner 🏆