Just One Person Around the World

“Someday you will be really, really grateful that God gave you what you needed, instead of what you thought you wanted”   Nandy Hale

This person in the above photograph, as you noticed, is sitting on a stone elevation on the platform and his hand just touching the part of his Right Cheek.

My thoughts

If you observe a bit more, you can notice that there is a travel bag next to him which is half-open with a towel peeping out. Maybe he is fresh from his shower?

Can we judge by his body language and facial expression, what is in his mind at this particular moment? And what about the towel in the travel bag?

By any chance do you feel he is having a worried look or unsure expression?

There is a long list of probabilities if one keeps hand on face, and if you are interested you can check the link – Hand to face gesture

I thought he was deeply thinking about his plan for the day and at the same time not sure how long he is going to stay in the city. From the travel bag, I presume he is an outsider.

What are your thoughts?

This post is part of Cady’s – just one person around the world photo challenge

In this photo challenge, she wants us to take the time to focus on one person a week, to bring us together, to celebrate ordinary folks since we are trying to live our lives under extraordinary circumstances…..

19 comments for “Just One Person Around the World

1. March 2, 2021 at 3:09 pm

FWIW, I’m picking up mild concern, and more lost in deep thought. Possibly over-analyzing whatever is on his mind.

2. March 2, 2021 at 3:39 pm

It seems to me as if leaving his own town for some other place, waiting for the means of transport to take him there. A serious concern pretty prevalent on his facial expression.. May he reach his desired destination and succeed in whatever worrying him..!! 🙏🏻😊

3. March 2, 2021 at 5:50 pm

I don’t think it’s a towel it’s a piece of material that they wear like a long skirt, maybe just come from working

• March 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm

Yes Alison.
      The guy must be tired from night duty.

• March 2, 2021 at 6:57 pm

It was very thought provoking and reading everyone’s replies too

• March 2, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Agree.
          Human’s true nature!
          What we see remains constant.
          But perceptions differ.
          One way interesting to see how one imagines the situation.
          And it is still a mistery….as to what this man is upto.
          Thank you for joining the discussion my friend

4. March 2, 2021 at 8:48 pm

I too think this man is in deep thought…and he does look fresh just like after a shower…..I also think that the pink item in his bag is a wrap of some kind and he may have just finished a job of some sort and cleaned up…..He’s thinking about it as he waits for the train…Thank you for sharing today! Cady

5. March 2, 2021 at 11:00 pm

I agree with your powers of deduction!

6. March 3, 2021 at 7:56 am

Every man is a story and could be many stories. He appears to be resting and whether he moves or stays depends on the wind.

Laughter is contagious. Start a pandemic

• March 3, 2021 at 8:02 am

Haha
      Wind deciding his future!!
      Yes I agree fully.
      The reality is he is resting….not even that…I say is is in a sitting position.,that’s all we can say.that’s the truth.
      Rest all illusions.
      And an opportunity to laugh at each other because of our illusions.
      And sure laughter brings down the temperature of heated thoughts.
      We

7. March 6, 2021 at 12:39 am

Wonderul portrait, dear Philo, and one open to many interpretations. It seems to me that the man is in deep thought but perhaps not concern; simply thinking, maybe making plans. I am not sure it’s a towel peekingout of his bag. Maybe it’s an article of clothing that just didn’t fit inside.

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: