Do you Self-reflect?

What is self-reflection?

Cambridge Dictionary says

“The activity of thinking about your own feelings and behaviour, and the reasons that may lie behind them”

Do we ever think about our behaviour?

I doubt.

We all come with the same excuse that we have no time.

Nobody is interested in self-reflection. Why?

Everybody thinks that he or she is right in his or her own way.

All of us hate being criticized.

And your blood boils if you are criticized!

When one thinks, one is right always, then where comes the thought of self-reflection?

One is least bothered about the concerns of others.

Who is going to stop you?

My friend, remember …introspection helps you a lot.

I am not going into the details of the steps to be taken etc.

And what can be done?

Simple.
“The more reflective you are, the more effective you are.” Hall and Simeral

Featured Photo by Katerina Holmes from Pexels

16 comments for “Do you Self-reflect?

1. February 28, 2021 at 3:25 pm

People full of self-doubt tend to self-reflect too much actually, and not learn from it.

As for the rest of humanity, there’s the old adage that we hate most in others what we see and dislike in ourselves. I used to mock that idea, but I think it has some merit. That makes a great deal of behavior nothing but a mask if so.

2. February 28, 2021 at 10:01 pm

We should all self reflect more!

3. March 1, 2021 at 12:02 am

Hi, Doc, great post. My self-reflection comes not in thoughts but in feelings. A strange, low energy vibe overcomes me when I have not acted in a proper way, especially when I feel my action was justified. 🌞

4. Milena Alien
    March 1, 2021 at 7:32 am

I used to self-reflect like all the time. People didn’t want to be around me because I was constantly depressed. I would look back to see how I could have done better and should have been smarter. I call it gnawing of consciousness, not a very healthy attitude in my humble opinion. It’s much easier to just live a day without thinking / judging yourself, like a plant or animal. Like a butterfly whose life is short and devoid of black and white, holy and sinful. I exaggerate but I hope you got the point.

5. March 1, 2021 at 8:28 am

I self reflect all the time. It really keeps me on my straight path and makes sure the laughter is real.

More laughter means more of everything else

6. DiosRaw