World Cancer Day is observed worldwide on February 4.
On this day, we all join together for a healthier world.
You must be aware that Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally.
The event is celebrated every year on this day to spread awareness, give encouragement to those suffering from and to reduce misconception about Cancer.
The day is utilized to inform people above the causes of cancer and its prevention, early detection and treatment.
This year’s theme is “I am and I will”. This theme started in 2019 and this year will mark the last year.
“ I can and I will. There’s no other option. Tell yourself this affirmation every day – through treatments, doctors visits, and whatever else comes your way.” unknown
10 EARLY WARNING SIGNS YOU CAN NOT IGNORE
- New lumps or growths on your skin.
- A sore or bruise that does not heal.
- A mole that changes in shape, size or colour or bleeds in unusual circumstances.
- An ongoing cough or hoarseness that lasts longer than three weeks.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- A change in bowel or bladder habits for no good reason.
- Shortness of breath.
- Loss of appetite.
- Unexplained weight loss or tiredness.
- Blood anywhere it normally should not be – in urine, bowel motions, or from spitting.
( Credits- Irish Cancer Society )
Take home message
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or Sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for tears and light for the way” Unknown
WISHING ALL THE BEST. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.