ONE-TO-THREE PHOTO PROCESSING CHALLENGE

Kate McCormick & James Saadeh are running a beautiful blog by the name The Squirrel Chase.Com

They are encouraging us to take part in their one to three photo processing challenge.

Thank you guys for the inspiration.

According to them

“Take one photo and get creative with it by processing it three different ways. Put the original and your creations into a post and link it to the month’s challenge post. If you can, please include a description of how you got your effects in case others would like to give it a try”.

My thoughts

Processing a photo a great way to give a fantastic look to the photo.

Modern-day terminology is ‘photoshopping’

There is always a love-hate relationship between the lovers of photoshopping and those who wish to maintain originality.

But the choice of appreciating the original or photoshopped photo has to be given to the viewer. (photographer feels-it’s for your eyes only👀)

But the truth is –

“Beauty in the eye of the beholder”

Photo-Filters have made everyone an artist and let us enjoy the artistry instead of arguing about the original version or photoshopped version.

But one quote caught my attention which is relevant to the photographer in me.

We never noticed the beauty, because we were too busy trying to create it.”  Unknown

To be frank, I am more busy watching the beauty created in my camera/software- than spending time with nature and enjoying its beauty, where no filters are required.

I tried my skills, with a Rose flower.

Please share your thoughts on your Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and similar photo filters.

Original

Selective Colouring

web-3

Impressionist-Texture

Impressionist-pencil

Which of the above images caught your attention?

This post is part of theSquirrelChase challenge

and also part of Cee Neuner’s FOTD  photo challenge.

20 comments for “ONE-TO-THREE PHOTO PROCESSING CHALLENGE

1. February 2, 2021 at 4:15 pm

If steroids are illegal for athletes, then photoshop should be illegal for models. 😛

• February 2, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Haha😄😄
      Interesting thoughts.
      Great analogy
      Models enjoy photoshopping and people love models in the advertisments and try to imitate.
      That is called fashion.
      Why should anybody deprive models of their rights being photoshopped?😄😄

2. February 2, 2021 at 4:20 pm

looks wonderful 💙💙 agreed that we are spending more and more time with diff gadgets and outside of the nature

3. February 2, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Beautiful

4. February 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Wow!
    This is quite amazing. Every touch is unique 🙂

5. February 2, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Personally I like them all. It is impressive to see how much the mood of the photo changes with the different processes. Thanks for playing along!

6. February 2, 2021 at 10:06 pm

I favour the impressionist pencil, my eyes were drawn to it!

7. February 3, 2021 at 12:33 am

Spendid edits 😀

8. February 4, 2021 at 3:33 am

I thought all the photos were beautiful in their own unique ways. And yes, sometimes when we are outside we focus more on the photos than the beauty. You have to balance your time outside and sometimes just enjoy it.

• February 4, 2021 at 7:01 am

Thank you my friend.
      True we love all the photos.
      And nothing like being creative and some tweaks.
      I was only wondering whether we consume too much of our time in more beautifying the shot.

9. February 7, 2021 at 12:56 am