Love- Up

“The things I do for love.” George R.R. Martin, Game of Throne

Wow! What a great philosophy!

Love up means to treat lovingly or to love wholeheartedly. An act of caressing or hugging and display of affection.

Hugging I understand. It’s the most comforting gesture from anybody.

My discussion is limited to couples doing those things for ‘love’.

Other than hugging, what do you have to do things to show up your love?

I am not sure, some say a kiss. Some said listening or forgiveness and some said to repeat the sentence ‘I love you’ at least 100 times a day. etc.

We hear stories of a couple committing suicide together in extreme cases, when the family members on either side objected.

The Internet gives you too many ideas as to how to express love.

My question is – how long ‘the things we do for love’ survives?

OK, what is that we do for that love?

My guess is it depends on the degree of maturity of the couple.

The younger you are, the more immature ways of doing things to prove one’s love!

This is obvious when Valentine’s day comes closer!

Instead of showing love….people are busy showing off love!

The costlier the gift, the greater the intensity of love!

Do we understand the real meaning of love?

Sadly the answer is a big ‘NO’ my friend.

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.”

Katharine Hepburn

What happens in real life?

In real life, unreal things happen!

Surprised?

“The problem is everyone is looking for unconditional love, carrying a bag full of conditions” unknown

What does it mean to be a true couple?

“The couples that are “meant to be” are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before” unknown

Yes, my friend.

We got plenty of examples of couples who have completed 25 yrs or 50 yrs, even 75 yrs of married life, and still going strong despite the hurdles they faced together.

God bless these wonderful couples.

My thoughts

To love is to feel and care lovingly

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

This post is part of Becky.B ‘s SQUARE UP Photo Challenge

26 comments for “Love- Up

1. DiosRaw
    January 16, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Wonderful post. 🖤

2. January 16, 2021 at 5:01 pm

Lovely thoughts

3. January 16, 2021 at 6:39 pm

I think the secret of successful couples is respect, intellectual equity and the sense that they are a team.

4. January 16, 2021 at 8:47 pm

💙💜🌷🌹

5. January 16, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Love is certainly one thing in this world which is both sweet and bitter at the same time.
    And interestingly, one must taste it his or herself as relying on the experiences of others is only as good as a suggestion by others 🙂

6. January 17, 2021 at 9:45 am

Love this post! I do agree the younger we are the more we think we need to give everything because its love and because its something that we felt for the first time, but relationships teach you something about love. Every people you meet, you learn from them, even if things change and u dont end up together. And to those who endured every thing together, indeed it’s amazing. 😊🌻 thanks for sharing! xx

7. January 18, 2021 at 9:08 am

I still Love the saying. Love is finding a person who knows all the worst things about you and wants to be with you anyway

Spread laughter with all you do