Predictions

“Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future”  Warren Buffett

Do you believe in your ‘future’ based on CRYSTAL BAll gazing?

Can a human being predict his or her future?

When we are aware that none can predict our future including ourselves, why this obsession for future predictions?

Do you go through your daily horoscope in newspapers or magazines?

Did anyone predict that 2020 will be the year of Corona?

As a child, can you be sure of what you will be by the time you reach the age of 30 years or how you are going to be in your middle age or when you become a senior citizen?

Why this craze for checking newspapers and magazines for horoscopes?

Do animals act based on their predictions? Then why we try to predict?

What are the methods by which predictions are made?

Water divining, astrology, numerology, fortune-telling, interpretation of dreams, etc

Personally I too loved the idea of future predictions.

Do these predictions have any scientific backing? I don’t know.

At Least one can say the weather prediction is based on scientific models.

For those who blindly depend on future predictions, here is the answer

“Look to the future, because that is where you spend rest of your time” George Burns

Any advice?

“You don’t have to gaze into a crystal ball when you can read an open book”.  Aneurin Bevan

Please share your thoughts on the prediction of our Future.

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

This post is part of Hammad Rais’s- Weekendsky #13 Jan 2

14 comments for “Predictions

1. January 3, 2021 at 5:13 pm

As a psychic, I’ll argue the “nobody can see” point, LOL.

Seriously, I do believe some people are more intuitive than others, BUT to quote the all knowing Yoda… “Always in motion, the future is”. You never know when something you or somebody else does is going to change that bad situation you are certain is coming.

As far as astrology and other prediction tools go… I’m amazed at how many people seem paralyzed without such guidance instead of shaping their own fate. Francis Barrett said it best:

“The stars may influence, but they do not control”.

I think we each come here with certain life lessons to learn and goals, but how or if we achieve those lessons is up to us.

• January 3, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Thank you Silk Cord.
      Francis Barret quote is apt.

One can shape one’s future by oneself only.

It’s futile to look for help.

Yoda’s quote is interesting .

Probably Prophesy is false.

• January 3, 2021 at 5:47 pm

All the more apt when one considers Barrett wrote “The Magus” and was considered one of the foremost “mages” of the 1700s O_O

Love that book BTW, it literally shocked my ex on two or three occasions. 😀

Yoda’s quote… Whoever truly wrote the original Star Wars trilogy had a better understanding of Buddhism and Taoism than George Lucas ever will. All it truly means is that you can always change the future you see coming.

• January 3, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Thanks for the information about Francis Barret.

True.
          Some of the Star wars quotes are Gems.
          And many times I wonder the power of the writer!
          Great people!

2. January 3, 2021 at 5:37 pm

Nice blog

3. January 4, 2021 at 1:31 pm

The future is tomorrow, let it happen or wait in anticipation!

4. February 11, 2021 at 2:43 am

I have feelings or visions about certain things. For example, my family and I were at Disneyland and I just knew that we would return when my youngest was five. Knowing that I felt that deep inside, we made plans to do so. During this trip, I tried to envision when we would return again but I couldn’t see my husband in the future. I even told him this and explained that I didn’t know if he would pass away or we wouldn’t be together. Several years after this, we separated. He’s still alive, by the way. I am learning more and more to spend time with these feelings and visions to help develop them.

• February 11, 2021 at 7:08 am

Thank you Meowscha.
      I agree on what you said and felt.
      Some times one gets an intusion and in a position to predict or wish….that can become reality.
      Some may argue that it’s a coincidence.
      I too feel…it is possible to predict what I call our sixth sence.