The sad part is more than a billion people are not in a position to afford a decent toilet.
The saddest part is, even if the toilet is available, modern humans are unaware of the toilet etiquettes.
The worst part is the attitude of some special creatures belonging to the homosapiens. These specimens are aware of the Toilet rules but insist on breaking the rules and are at home while using public toilets.
“Some come to sit and think, others just to sit and stink”. unknown
World Toilet Day is celebrated on 19th November.
The idea is to raise awareness of the billions of people living without sanitation facilities.
This year’s theme is Sustainable Sanitation & Climate Change.
Some Lavvy Facts
- 75% of people use mobile on the toilet
- More people in the world have mobile phones than toilets
- The most luxurious toilet is made of Gold and it is in China
- The dentist advises keeping the toothbrush 6 feet away from the toilet to prevent fecal contamination
- Toilets are accident-prone. Injuries and accidents can happen. Be careful while using the toilet. Be careful about poisonous spiders
- The modern toilet uses 1.6 gallons(6 liters) of water in a single flush
- There is an entire theme park dedicated to the toilet in South Korea
- The majority forget to wash their hands after using the toilet
- The toilet handle in a public restroom can have more than 40,000 germs per square inch
- Less said better about toilet rolls
- An average person said to visit the toilet 2500 times in a year (3 whole years of their entire life)
- 20% of the world population defecates in the open.
- More than 2 million child deaths happen due to lack of hygiene, sanitation, and water supply
- The toilet is the one and the only room having hundreds of names including potty, privy, water closet, latrine, dunny, john, can, facility, restroom, washroom, powder room, lavatory, outhouse, convenience, bog, loo, khazi, garderobe, number 1 or 2, comfort break, cloakroom, the throne room.