POSTCARD FROM THE PAST

This Week Sandy wants us to be creative regarding old photos and the nostalgia associated with it in a postcard format.
This made me think about postcards.

Thank you Sandy for the inspiration.

Even if you receive the postcard do you have time to scroll?

How times are changing!

Are postcards Obsolete?

I don’t think so.

Still, I find many shops around the famous location, in every country selling the postcards with famous /popular landmarks.

My guess is a postcard at any given time is a better souvenir compared to magnets, ceramic boxes, key chains or T-shirts.

Hanging our memories on the wall gives one the greatest satisfaction whenever you have a look at it.

My feeling is at least photographers can continue this good old habit and keep it alive.

Nostalgia

Thanks to Sandy for this challenge, we are sure to enter the world of HAPPY NOSTALGIA

In this challenge Sandy wants us to take a photo and re-imagine it as a postcard. With additional text, messages or graphics, re-create your photo into a POSTCARD FROM THE PAST

“These are the only cards that are wonderlust. Goes everywhere without a price to pay, never to return”  Punny Leone

“Wherever you travel to, I would love to receive a beautiful postcard.”  Lailah Gifty Akita

“The pessimist sees only the tunnel; the optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel; the realist sees the tunnel and the light – and the next tunnel” Sydney J Harris

untitled (3 of 3)

“The world is a book.And those who don’t travel read only one page”   St.Augustine

How about the idea of mailing a postcard to home yourself whenever you are traveling?

Why don’t you write about your experience and your feelings at that particular moment and record it?

The idea is that your memory is still fresh and you are able to express your feelings better.

Do you still keep the habit of collecting/making  the postcards?

Please share your thoughts.

Namaste🙏🙏🙏

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

This post is part of Sandy’s Friendly Friday: POSTCARD FROM THE PAST

Design from Canova.

Post navigation

36 comments for “POSTCARD FROM THE PAST

1. November 15, 2020 at 7:42 pm

😊👍

2. November 15, 2020 at 8:21 pm

What a very clever challenge and you’ve responded in a marvelous way! I love the idea of sending yourself a postcard with your own thoughts of the moment – what a great idea. I’m so sorry I didn’t think of it when travel was so much more a part of our lives. You’ve don a wonderful job with your “postcards”

• November 16, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Thank you Tina Schell for your kind and encouraging words.
      I think it’s a good idea to post our own pictures of course with our comments to our home address.

3. November 15, 2020 at 8:22 pm

🙋‍♂️👌🌿⚘

4. November 15, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Neat photo postcards! Thanks for joining the challenge – Sandy

5. November 15, 2020 at 9:36 pm

We still buy and send postcards, especially to our granddaughter, whenever we travel. I’ve even been known to send old postcards to people just to stay in touch and share images they may not have seen. Your post made me think — and that’s a good thing!

6. November 16, 2020 at 12:25 am

Beautiful photos and very meaningful postcards. I can see sending “Light at the End of the Tunnel) postcard to someone recovering from and illness or after surgery.

7. November 18, 2020 at 7:50 am

I love postcards and yes I do mail them to myself. When they arrive they are an instant good memory that I can share.

Love the post and I love to laugh

• November 18, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Glad you enjoy sending the postcards to yourself.
      Hope people start doing this instead of holding the memories in Jpeg/Raw formats.
      Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
      😀😀😀

8. November 26, 2020 at 7:18 am

I love the fjords in Norway. A great idea to post a card home. It is always fun to get mail and you can relive a memory as well.

• November 26, 2020 at 7:31 am

Thank you Amanda.
      Purchasing and posting postcards is a forgotten story because of whatsup etc where one takes a picture and keeps oneself or sends to friends and relatives instantly.And postcard bussiness has become outdated and none have patience to search for a postbox.

9. November 28, 2020 at 12:59 pm

I’ve kept the postcards saved I received in my childhood from relatives and friends. They remind me about the best era of my life.