Lens-Artists Challenge #120 – What A Treat!

Northern Lights

“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world”  unknown

After spending 3 grueling nights in Alaska, not sure because of the clouds….. suddenly Almighty listened to us and gave a bigggggg treat!

This experience is unforgettable! An amazing experience and one is never tire of watching this Cosmic Dance!

Did you experience the Northern Lights?

“Life is not a discrete phenomenon,It’s part of an intelligent Cosmic field.It’s a Cosmic Dance.”  Amit Ray

Rainbow

Rainbows are a rare phenomenon in my part of the world and we get excited whenever we are lucky to visualize a rainbow.
This was an unexpected pleasant treat!

Final-web

“A woman is like the colour of the rainbow,very colorful and so beautiful ” Gift Gugu Mona

Do you know about  wonder number 7?

“7 colours make a rainbow, 7 chords make a music, 7 days make a music, 7 continents make a world, and 7 beautiful words make us     FRIENDS”  unknown

Namaste🙏🙏🙏

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

This post is part of Tina Schell’s LAPC #120- what a treat!

34 comments for “Lens-Artists Challenge #120 – What A Treat!

1. October 26, 2020 at 5:56 pm

I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights Philo – how wonderful that you had such an experience. They occur only in places that are very difficult for travelers and then one never knows if they will happen so it really is a gift ! Your image is truly beautiful! We do see many rainbows here but we never tire of them and always see them as something special. Lovely choices for the challenge.

• October 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Thank you Tina Schell for the kind and encouraging words.
      The local tourist guide is quite friendly and helpful.
      Luck is the single most important factor.
      Clear sky is a must in my opinion.

2. October 26, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Lovely image and interesting post. I didn’t know about the Wonder 7, but now that you describe it, it all comes together. Thanks for posting!

3. October 26, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Does the northern lights have seven different colors like those in a rainbow?

• October 27, 2020 at 9:19 am

Thank you my friend.
      The one I experienced was mostly in grades of green.
      As far as the Rainbow colors in Aurora,my guess is apart from green yellow orange,you may see pink too.
      Regarding looking for all the 7 colors of rainbow here…I doubt.
      Also adjusting the colour saturation in LR or PS may bring out more colors.But mine was mostly green-yellow combination.

4. Amy
    October 26, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Wow… Fantastic! I am not sure I’ll get to see, but I can feel the excitement of this special experience.

• October 27, 2020 at 9:22 am

Thank you Amy.
      Getting to see the Northern Lights is the most toughest part and it truly tests your endurance.
      Luck plays a major role.
      Camera sees much more than our eyes and post processing and adjusting colour saturation brings out better appearance and different colours, which otherwise we miss with our naked eyes.

5. October 26, 2020 at 9:27 pm

You are so lucky! I have tried for Many, many years to see them…but no. I have been to Iceland several times, to Lapland several times . but no. It has to be clear and you have to go out of cities and inhabited areas. The closest I have been is on Greenland in the 1980’s, when they said the light would come early in the morning – and I overslept… but next time…I will go with guide on Iceland! If there is a next time these days…
    yours is Fantastic! Well chosen!

• October 27, 2020 at 9:26 am

Yes Leya.
      Luck plays a major role.
      Most of the times the cloudy weather spoils the show.
      I wish and pray that you get an opportunity this time and you are sure to visit Iceland.
      Better you take the help of local guides.
      You don’t believe if I say some of these guides are professional photographers by themselves and help you with proper gear and settings.
      Thank you so much.

6. October 26, 2020 at 11:37 pm

Your northern lights are intense, Philo! I love the rainbow also. We always wanted to see the northern lights! My sister and brother-in-law went to Canada to see them. I also checked into going to Norway to see them.

7. October 27, 2020 at 4:46 am

Wow! So beautiful!

8. October 27, 2020 at 5:02 am

Such beautiful photos! Love them all.

9. October 27, 2020 at 6:58 pm

Wowwww. The Northern Lights. Definitely a treat!!

10. October 28, 2020 at 8:01 pm

If I was not so eww about snow and cold related to my hypothyroidism. I would love to go and see the Aurora, Northern lights

11. October 28, 2020 at 8:02 pm

I have a picture I captured of a rainbow. 🌈😊

12. October 30, 2020 at 1:38 am

Beautiful pictures, especially Northern Lights!

13. October 30, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Oh my, that is a wonderful treat.