Salty Saturday

“Always have a unique character like SALT.Its presence is not felt,but its absence makes everything TASTELESS” unknown.

Food for thought

Is salt an acquired taste?

Have you heard of Salting to death?

CDC says humans are consuming too much salt.

Excess salt consumption is said to be from eating processed food.

American Heart Association recommends less than a teaspoon of salt (2300 mg per day).If you ask me you can bring down this level further.

Don’t keep the salt sprinklers on the dining table.

Excess consumption of the salt over time causes Increased blood pressure, stroke & heart failure. Even Results in kidney stones, kidney failure. Puffiness of the face and weight gain happens.

If you are keen to know more details, check this link- Effects of excess Sodium Infographic along with SHAKEOUT SALT guidance, which recommends those healthy food items to reduce salt intake.

Salt & Life

Don’t forget today is Saturday, your much-awaited weekend!

“Take life with a grain of salt…a slice of lemon and a shot of Tequila”  unknown

Namaste🙏🙏🙏

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

9 comments for “Salty Saturday

1. October 17, 2020 at 3:27 pm

I think salt is definitely an acquired taste (like sugar in tea) you crave what you get used to. I rarely add salt to food and really do notice if salt has bee added.

2. October 17, 2020 at 8:51 pm

I often marvel at people who salt food before tasting it, as though it’s an automatic movement before raising their fork. More a habit than an acquired taste, I think.

3. October 18, 2020 at 5:20 am

Salt is acquired I salt nothing and don’t miss it at all

Keep laughing

4. October 19, 2020 at 4:03 am

On Saturday, we dip a piece of challah in salt to show our faith in the eternity of life because salt is the only natural substance that doesn’t spoil or rot, yet prevents food from spoiling or rotting.
    Having said that, I agree with you, dear Dr Sridhar, regarding the dangers of salt to our health.

• October 19, 2020 at 3:57 pm

“There must be something sacred in salt. It is in our tears and in the ocean”. Khalil Gibran

Agree.Salt has both religious and medicinal importance.

We use saline drips for dehydration.Saline was is done to cleanse the urinary bladder.Salt is used as an antiseptic.

• October 20, 2020 at 12:05 am

I admit to my ignorance: I had to Google Khalil Gibran The quote is great! Now I have to read The Prophet that brought him fame, as well as his other books.
        Thank you so much for increasing my knowledge, dear Philo!