Many of us are tempted to start a blog of our own since plenty of the blog platforms are available and many are free too.
Have we at any time considered how much readers worthy of our posts?
There are more than 500 million blogs at this moment and it is said more than 4 million blog posts are published every day.
What is The reason to start our journey in the blogosphere?
What is the reason that motivates us to venture into the blogosphere?
Each person(which includes me) comes out with his/ her explanation.
But what is that we are eager to convey?
Who is willing to take our Gem( claimed by us) or Crap ( described so by some readers)?
How we are so sure that our Gem 💎 is going to be helpful or Crap 💩 is sure to irritate the readers?
You may question, in turn, and say that what for those’Like button, Follow button, Comment’ buttons are there? They can give some hint…..my dear friend are you sure about this?
What are the criteria by which we are satisfied?
- By the number of likes? ( In these days of Bots….you can imagine the sincerity ) or
- By the number of followers? ( some follows being polite may follow out of courtesy, some have ‘you follow-I follow policy‘….give & take, and of course- genuine followers, some follow with the hope …to be followed in return)
- By the number of comments? ( again one is aware of spamming, bots, or comments made just to grab attention….)
- By the money raised via advertisement? ( it depends on bloggers charm)
- By the sheer number of bloggers awards that we are excited about? (anybody can award to anybody & you too can start a blogger award in your lovely name and can select your readers to bestow the award)
Did at any time it occur to you or us that our post is not worthy of the reader’s valuable time?
Everything is available on the Internet
Still, we want to blog……and expect and hope for viewership and make some bucks if possible.
So what is that extra special stuff we are going to provide to our readers that is unavailable on the Internet?
This is a million-dollar question.
And still, people read blogs?
The trends are changing.
Rarely people read the entire blog. Instead, readers scan for useful information if any.
The shorter the blog post better the chances of being read.
Somewhere I read It should be less than 100 words!,forget about SEO requirements.
Of course, we come across some extraordinary blog posts, that are worthy,read from top to bottom and genuine comments made. These blogs are rich in information, helpful to fellow bloggers, and are popular.Unfortunately they are a sort of ‘ A drop in the ocean ‘
My guess is millennial to z generation prefer videos to blogs.
Live streams, YouTube, Instagram, snap chat and other platforms have become more popular due to visual content.
So do you feel-the written blog is approaching its ‘Expiry Date’?
As it stands right now, I think written blogs are going to survive since it’s the simplest means to convey the author’s thoughts.
Not many watch videos and we come across so many die-hard readers enjoying blog posts.
More and more younger generations wish to go for a written blog before venturing into video content.
Back the original question- Am I / are we….worthy of your time?
No doubt time will tell.
But should I / We care?
Should I / We worry?
You only can answer.
I / We don’t have an answer.
God bless you / us / me.
Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved