“The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise long for a state of tranquility. ” Swami Rama
Serenity is nothing but an idyll of your soul!
Remember that the moment you are born,there no such thing as perpetual tranquility of mind,but still you can make best out of your life.
Serenity is the quality of being peaceful and calm and untroubled.
Can you expect serenity these days?
With COVID showing its fangs and economy activity at its lowest, so many loss of jobs, people struggling to survive, and many knocking the Heaven doors overwhelmingly, how can one expect Serenity?
We don’t have a shortage of Gurus, Pundits, Scholars, learned people who are ready to help you, somebody with their 10 points and a few others with rules of 20, and you are assured of inner peace either by free means or by expenditure methods.
Social media including you-tubers have become ever busy with advises and tips.
Are you truly benefited? Be frank my friend.
Irrespective of any of the things serenity is still possible.It’s nothing but your mental strength.
“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.” unknown
What is the answer?
“We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel as free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing?”
Sri S. Satchidananda
What are my thoughts?
- Be alone and spend time with yourself for a few minutes. Calm down your monkey mind.
- Spend time with nature…as my photograph above depicting. You need not go to the Himalayas.
- Life is not just about your family problems or imbalance of your work-family commitments. It’s much more than this. You do things which make you smile.
- Be thankful to what you already have and many are denied even the minimum luxury you have at present.
“The only Zen you find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.” Robert Pirsig
- Remember you have to win the battle in the mind.
Please share your views and thoughts.
Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved
This post is part of Ragtag community daily prompt- SERENITY