Awesome Threesome

crows

“There are three principal means of acquiring knowledge… observation of nature, reflection, and experimentation. Observation collects facts; reflection combines them; experimentation verifies the result of that combination.”   Denis Diderot

Do you wish to know why you are misunderstood?

“Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, my side, and the truth”. J.Michael Straczynski

Some interesting facts about the number three.

• Science-3 types of particles, protons, neutrons, and electrons
  • 3 dimensions…height,width and depth
  • Trigonometry
  • Triangle
  • Sun moves through Dawn, noon and dusk
  • Earth is 3 rd planet from the Sun
  • Religion-Christianity…God the Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost
  • Hindu- Trimurti…Lord Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva
  • Islam-Triple Talaq (divorce)
  • Buddhism-Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha
  • The three prime colors are Red, yellow and Blue
  • 3 is a number of time- Past, present, and future
  • Beginning, middle, and end
  • General saying… one, two, three….go
  • Third time lucky
  • Hat trick- three scores in a row or three wickets taken by a bowler in three consequent balls
  • Threesome also is known as the troika
  • Mark,set-go
  • Medals- Gold, silver, bronze
  • Friends, Romans, and countrymen (Shakespeare)
  • Tripod,tricycle,triplets
  • 3 lies…..lies, damned lies, and statistics (Benjamin Disraeli)
  • The three-leaf clover (the Shamrock) is a symbol of Ireland
  • Octopuses have three hearts
  • The three wise Monkeys
  • The rule of thirds (photography)

True, the list is long.

This post is part of  Nancy Merrill’s Photo a week challenge- Threes and threes  where she reminds us of the traditional rule of third which makes sense in Photography World.

Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏

Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved

14 comments for “Awesome Threesome

1. July 10, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Amazing sir,but I would like to add on,what I believe why people misunderstood because of lack of soft use of touchy words,which reflects you as an arrogent,though practically you are not..good day..

2. July 10, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Or may be bit of overconfidence,but my question whose fault is this?

• July 10, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Thank you again my friend.The whole problem of misunderstanding comes because of lack of proper communication either by the improper words we use though one doesn’t mean it or simply what I call improper decoding by the other person.majority of the times,the listener lacks patience in properly deciphering the discussion.
      “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
      George Bernard Shaw

• July 10, 2020 at 5:14 pm

but quote unquote touch to an agreement with you friend,I have seen so many examples where,sometimes with good communication also misunderstanding happenes though,as there are signs of underestimations,i guess..

• July 10, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Human mind is a complex stuff difficult to underestimate, my feeling is…. the problem lies always with one of the two having conversation,which the other can’t understand.
          We are helpless in these situations.

3. July 10, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Thank you my friend.Fully agree.Lack of soft,loving and friendly tone is the culprit.None has patience to listen to others.
    Thank you ji for enhancing my knowledge

4. July 11, 2020 at 7:48 am

Great post Don’t forget the rule of three in Comedy and of course School House Rock says Three Is a Magic Number

Stay Well my friend and laugh when you can

• July 11, 2020 at 8:08 am

Good morning my friend.Agree.Thank you for helping me to improve my knowledge base.
      “All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.”
      Charlie Chaplin.
      True,what you said….3 is a magic number.
      Always a pleasure interacting with you and you bring smiles on my face.

5. July 12, 2020 at 12:38 am

This is such a wonderful post, so much to take from it. I am saving this post.