There is some confusion as to what constitutes ‘Comfort food’
Comfort Food can have different meanings
- The food which makes you feel happy or
- The food that brings nostalgic appeal or
- The food you like to eat when you are sad (I don’t know the psychology behind this habit) or
- It’s a traditional food.
- Food that makes you feel better, often because it contains a lot of sugar, or because it reminds you of home ( Oxford Dictionary )
- an easy-to-digest meal, soft in consistency, and rich in calories.
What is my definition ?
I guess the comfort food is the one which is made quickly with in a few minutes,having the addictive flavor,soothing the soul and this food should not give any guilty pleasure,satisfying you emotionally.
I feel this food should be more a ‘fun food’
Are you aware of a food item known as DOSA ?
My guess is only Indians, more so South Indians can understand DOSA.
Dosa is a simple meal made in less than 10 minutes.It is made up of rice and lentil flour.It is served commonly with sambar ( lentil & tamarind stew ) along with Coconut Chutney (A condiment blending fresh coconut, chilies, cumin, ginger & salt. )
The one I am showing above is called Plain Dosa.
There are more than 20 varieties of Dosas,with different combinations.
Though hot hot dosa is made in minutes,the preparation starts previous day for the batter.
If you are serious and want to try this one either check the link below or just find out from Indian families near by in your place,one of them can guide you.
The link-South Indian Pancake
Dear readers let me know what is your comfort food in your locality or in your country ?
Thank you guys for the inspiration.
Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏
Philosophy Through Photography
Image by © PTP-2020 All Rights Reserved