The future is now our past, but the past doesn’t have to be our future Richie
Are we witnessing ‘Words outbreak of Covid-19 ?
As corona is becoming more popular people are not lagging behind in inventing lexicography…more likely to be added to Oxford English Dictionary.
With in no time our vocabulary has changed.
I am sure every language is going to have their own ‘corona speak’ moments
Some are already in existence inside the dustbin,but now frequently talked about.
Language in the making ( 36 ) still going strong…
- Covid-19- a disease caused by the Corona virus
- WFH- work from home
- PPE- personal protective equipment
- Hand washing
- Social distancing
- Self isolation
- Covidiot – one being careless and ignoring public health advice.
- Covidient-obediently follows the rules
- Hot zones
- Lock downs
- Flattening the curve
- Epidemic vs pandemic
- We are at war
- Containment zone
- People are coming to know the difference between morbidity,mortality and co morbidity
- Chines virus
- Wuhan virus
- Super spreader
- Community spread
- Ebola handshake
- Herd immunity- as if we are no different from the animals
- Contact tracing
- Patient zero meaning ‘the first patient’
- N-95…facial masks N stands for non oil resistant and 95 indicates percentage of particles( diameter of 0.3 microns.
- Doomscrolling-excessive amount of screen time devoted to the absorption of dystopian news
- Physical distancing
- Shelter in place
- R0-pronounced R naught,represents number of new infections,estimated to arise from a new infection.
If I have left out any other term,you can high lighten the same.
Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏