Are we born copycats ?

Are we born copycats ?

The object of life is not to side with majority,but the object of life is to escape finding oneself joining the ranks of the insane” Marcus Aurelius
Read further……..

What does he mean ?

I guess he means to say that one must distinguish oneself from the rest by not doing the same thing as majority does,otherwise one is stuck in ones routine.

Don’t take the word he used ‘INSANE’ in literal sense,what he meant was ‘think differently’….a sort of willingness to be different.

Simply put it,

Almost 95% of people blindly follow routine protocols in a mundane way,not going beyond the boundaries of the box.

What way a successful person is different from you ?

Successful people think of ideas,out of the box.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde’s quote is apt in these modern world life style.We constantly try to copy others and compare with others, courtesy social media,not realizing our own potential.

Simply put… we are becoming ‘copy masters’

Excellent results are achieved ,if one thinks out of box and anybody can become successful in their life.

One has to develop individuality and take ones own path.

Otherwise you form part of 95% of the people working for the rest of the 5% made up of brilliant and successful people.

So my friend..are you on your own ?

I doubt.

Strangely it’s not that easy to think of your own since you are constantly bombarded by the society and social media trends, and you are addicted and you are not able to think out of the box.

The trouble with you is that you don’t want t to come out of your comfort zone because you are a firm believer in the Life’s quote that one has to be content all the time.

This quote is for the people who are greedy and not for you.

Your decisions are influenced by others right from your childhood.Even after getting married and having grown up children,still you can’t take your own decisions.

To be a bit harsh on you ,you are confused because of different,mostly conflicting free advises from your well wishers.

Accept it.

Take Home Message

“At the end of the day, it’s your life. If you turn out good, the world celebrates you and with you (not minding how you achieved it). If bad, they abandon you (even if they gave you the advice that led you to doom). Just be you and follow your heart.” Omoakhuana Anthonia

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏
Philosophy Through Photography

Inspiration-Paul Rulkens TEDx,goodreads.com,

Image by Gundula Vogel from Pixabay

5 thoughts on “Are we born copycats ?

  1. Quote from Oscar Wild is such a wise statement!
    Copycat attitude is seen a lot nowadays in teenagers. YouTube, Instagram and all social media has completely crushed their independent thinking.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. LOL, this is nothing new really. Society in general and the people we’re close to have always put expectations upon us. This is normal, this is what’s cool, etc…

    I agree that it’s getting worse however. I partially blame social media. It’s too easy for people to get caught up with trends that way. Even companies are afraid to innovate and try something different nowadays though. All cars look alike as an example, same with SUVs. Even movie producers can’t do anything new. Remakes of old 80s films, stealing their basic plot, or even just a scene. The building to building car jump in Fast and Furious 7 was done almost the same way in a 1986 movie called Black Moon Rising.

    Some degree of societal norm is good and needed, but this need to let influencers tell us how to dress, eat and think is just too much.

    By the way, an interesting side note regarding the Marcus Aurelius quote. The textbook definition of insanity is behavior that differs from the societal norm. Technically, anyone not a sheep is crazy, lol.

    Liked by 2 people

    1. Thank you Silk Cords.
      Agree , the trend is not new but don’t we feel tired of being carbon copies ?
      Are we not exhausted ?
      Social media is here to stay and for ever we can’t be whining.
      Individuality has disappeared totally.
      Old fashions have become new norms and so called new fashions are nothing but repeats….a kind of old wine in a new bottle.
      Now coming to Marcus Aurelius…….insanity he meant….that one should be insanely present when one is trying to achieve goals and the current moment is all that one must concentrate to attain perfection,by ignoring the societies opinions and develop one’s own unique brand.
      May be the meaning of insanity was different in his times ??
      I don’t know,but I guess he meant that way.

      Liked by 2 people

Comments are closed.