It’s high time to know something about Mindfulness,in these days of Corona pandemic resulting in Lock down and quarantine and some people going into depression & other psychiatric problems.
What is mindfulness ?
Mindfulness is a practice,not a philosophy.
You have to practice three elements.Peace,compassion & Joy
You have to practice to ignore three other elements,Anger,Anxiety & Sadness.
“Mindfulness is about training yourself to pay attention in a specific way. When a person is mindful, they:
- Focus on the present moment,
- Try not to think about anything that went on in the past or that might be coming up in future,
- Purposefully concentrate on what’s happening around them, [and]
- Try not to be judgmental about anything they notice, or label things as ‘good’ or ‘bad’”
(“How to Practice Mindfulness,” n.d.). Source-Reach,positive psychology.com
How you are going to practice this ?
It’s very simple ! you have to Live in the present….that’s all !!
But there is a caveat…..you should enjoy the moment in a positive way.I shall give the following quote as an example,
“When I’m hungry, I eat what I love. When I’m bored, I do something I love. When I’m lonely, I connect with someone I love. When I feel sad, I remember that I am loved.” Michelle May
How were the days before Corona Virus Pandemic and lock down?
It was rush,rush,rush…..through out day & night.No body had time for anybody or anything.
Everything was artificial.
Things were done for the sake of being done..
- We were thinking too much
- Misunderstanding & fighting with each other and forgetting the value of time
- We were seeking too much
- We wanted more & more and much more and we wished to own the entire world (if possible)
- we became slaves to social media via our smart phones
- The word ‘Joy’ disappeared from our dictionary/vocabulary
- we were lost and unable to find an answer to “purpose of our Life’
What is that Corona Virus teaching us ?
It is MINDFULNESS.
Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now,without wishing it were different. Enjoying the present without holding on when it changes ( which it will ). Being with the unpleasant without fearing,it will always be this way ( which it won’t ). James Baraz
How is the situation different now ?
- Greetings-No more handshakes etc,better way of wishing each other.
- Hygiene-Health priorities are better appreciated now.
- Travel-No mass transit.Travel only if required.No wasting money.
- Family bond-improved,but we also coming across disharmonious & discord.
- Personal health care priority -given its importance which was due long time back.
- Anxiety,hoarding-increased unnecessarily,but fortunately people have realized and are becoming more compassionate.
- Mother Nature is able to breath, freely the Fresh Oxygen.
- All the creatures of God having a gala time ( except for some humans )
- Everybody started appreciating the value of time & purpose of life.
Take Home Message
Whatever the present moment contains,accept it as if you had chosen it.always work with it,not against it Eckhart Tolle
Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏