Hey..Covid-19..Are you going to catch me?
Don’t let Corona infect your mind !
My friend,Let your faith be bigger than your fear.
“Of all the liars in the world,sometimes the worst are our own fears” Rudyard Kipling
Are you anxious about the pandemic my friend?
On a lighter note…
Me: what could possibly go wrong ?
Anxiety: I’m glad you asked
Yes.I can understand you.You all are worried and anxious.Sure it’s a frightening time. By now you realized that this is not like other worries and it’s a rare situation.
I know you decided to brace up but confused a lot.I also know that you are becoming sick of TV channels and getting bored staying home..and just dying to go out and you are aware of the ‘corona party’ that is happening in the vicinity.
What is ”Corona party” ?
Young people around the world are defying official advice & bans to carry on socializing.It’s said youngsters are busy with ‘end of the world’ drinking sessions, in groups.
There is a dangerous trend among youngsters that corona kills only old & feeble.Beach parties are still continuing.
Young adults hold “corona parties” and cough toward older people.
Millennial have become Virus Rebels and attending beach functions just to come out of the fear/boredom thus ignoring authorities warnings,regarding social distancing.
‘A ticking time bomb’ type of statements from the scientists community adding up to your tensions.
Looks like corona virus is taking toll on your mental and physical health.You are scared of scarcity of food & other essential items.
Some of the common descriptions of late,we are hearing….
- Self isolation
- Lock downs
- Empty shelves
- Social distancing
- Financial havoc
- Emotional wreck
- feeling sad,stressed
- Loss of jobs
- uncertain future
- not sure how long to stay indoor
Now you are dread & panicky. Don’t hit the panic button straightaway.
For Heaven’s sake don’t be anxious & uncertain. Stop worrying about the disease itself.
How to stop worrying and avoid anxiety situations ?
My friend here are 12 simple steps to be followed and I am sure you all can do it.
- Total ban on Dr.Google ( don’t ever check for symptoms of corona,sure psychologically you feel you are having the same symptoms )
- First realize that nothing under your control and let things take its own time.
- Stop talking or discussing about corona throughout the day & night.
- Remember….me time & family time.It’s a God given opportunity to bring back those lost moments, bond with family members with a fresh outlook.
- Stick to your usual daily routine
- Stay informed but avoid being obsessive with TV news
- Forget about your social media notifications or feeds…it’s counterproductive.Most important don’t share fake news.
- For reliable information,Depend on CDC or WHO bulletins or your local public health authorities bulletins issued on a daily basis.
- Just because you are anxious don’t indulge in alcohol,tobacco or drugs of dependence.
- Remember the basic things…..frequent hand washing,not touching face,mouth,nose or eyes and social distancing. and wearing mask in infection prone areas.
- Remember to thank the healthcare workers & other related professionals who are risking their lives in order to save you all.
- Be helpful to the society.
Take home points
- Your anxious state is not going to be permanent.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Realize that God has some good plans ahead.
Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏
Philosophy Through Photography