World Oral Health Day March 20
World Oral Health Day (WOHD) is celebrated globally every year on 20 March. It is organized by FDI World Dental Federation and is the largest global awareness campaign on oral health.
WOHD spreads messages about good oral hygiene practices to adults and children
Why this date was chosen ?
Number -20 reflects…..
- Seniors must have a total of 20 natural teeth at the end of their life to be considered healthy
- Children should possess 20 baby teeth
- Healthy adults must have a total of 32 teeth and 0 dental cavities
- Expressed on a numerical basis this can be translated as 3/20 hence March 20
First thing people notice when they meet you
- 5%- Smell
- 4%- Cloths
- 3%- Hair
So your smile with those beautiful pearls like teeth makes all the difference.
In order to preserve those beautiful pearls,one must visit the Dentist regularly.(once in six months)
Not just shining teeth,Remember the bad breath that sinks your relationship,in case you don’t give importance to oral hygiene.Mint can’t be the solution !
What are the minimum things we are supposed to do regularly ?
- Start the dental care for the kids as soon as teeth start forming.
- Brush twice a day,by using proper technique and never forget flossing daily.If you are not aware of flossing take help of you tube or your Dentist.
- Change the tooth-brush once in 3 or 4 months.
- Before going to bed rinse the mouth with anti bacterial solution.
- Forget smoking,tobacco and all other related stuff.
- Eat healthy diet and I need not stress how important this is.
- Consult Dentist once in 6 months.
OK.Now I come to some common dental problems we face because of our irresponsible habits
- BAD breath,strangely nobody tells you on the face that your breath stinks ! Closer…the better
- Tooth decay.
- Gum disease,
- Tooth sensitivity.
- Oral cancer.
- Of course who enjoys your unpleasant & un-attractive smile ?
Thank you. Namaste🙏🏻
Philosophy Through Photography